Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Club shop closed 28th Dec?

Gary Leeds

May 5, 2008
I was down in Brighton visiting family for 2 days, going back today (28th) and my son wanted to go to the club shop to spend his xmas money. I looked on the club shop website and it states

Sat 25th closed
Sun 26th closed
Mon 27th closed Bank Holiday
Tue 28th 10.00 to 4.00 open bank holiday hours
Wed 29th 9.30 to 5.30
Thu 30th 9.30 to 5.30
Fri 31st 9.30 to 5.30

So we got there early as I had a long drive back to Leeds. Got to the shop at 10.10, lights were on, people in the shop but shutters down. Figured they were just running a little late so went for a coffee and tried again at about 10.45, shutters still down and no sign of opening.

So I rang the shop to be given a message saying they were shut until the 29th!!!

Cue one very dissapointed 9 year old who was expecting to get a new shirt, scarf and gloves while in Brighton. I was also going to get this seasons kit and the pink shirt while the wife was in a festive mood :(

Also while we were waiting there were quite a few other people who expected the shop to be open who left without spending.

Was there any reason why the shop was not open today despite the website saying they would be and if so could someone not have put a sign on the door saying sorry we are not open today? I suspect you lost quite a bit of trade today

Gary

Insider

Jul 18, 2003
Brighton
Apologies, with Tuesday being a Bank Holiday it was decided not to open the shop. Knowing that there had been a change to the previously published opening hours we posted a new story on the club website on Thursday 23rd December stating that the shop would be re-opening on Wednesday 29th at 9.30am.

All of the products you mention are available to purchase online and can be delivered directly to your door. You may also find that some of the items you mentioned are actually cheaper than you expected because as from today we began our Huge Winter Sale.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here