Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Club say : Please don't park in Mouslecomb and Coldean!

FOOTSKI

Sep 30, 2010
Kent
It would be heart breaking if we did'nt get planning for such a small issue. It seem's we are even winning over the greens with how active AITC has been. I have been travelling on the train from Lewes most the season and now it feels o.k. (just part of the day)

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
Can't help but think this would be better raised at stadium on match days rather than the website which not everyone will look at especially if it's impacting permission for expansion

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
We went through this same song and dance at Withdean. If they are that serious about it then make it legally enforceable.

We went through this same song and dance at Withdean. If they are that serious about it then make it legally enforceable.

All the costs associated with implementing and maintaining a residents' parking scheme or similar will have to be born by the club. This appeal to the 500-600 additional motorists who park in North Moulsecomb and Coldean on matchday is probably the club's last attempt to avert the introduction of such schemes, whether the expansion is approved or not.

pigbite

Sep 9, 2007
mmm tough one. I support the planning app but have to admit that parking in MC generally works the best for me. The train adds yet more expense and is a poor choice for certain games when travelling with young kids however I have done used in a number of times.

I find the P&R a massive pain in the backside. Unless it's improved somewhat, Mill Road was tough to get into and a long wait on the way out for the buses.

The whole voucher book thing was a joke as well.

I have parked at the station and done the train from there which is not too bad.

With the voucher back to being part of the ticket next season then that might tempt me back to train or P&R but with another 8000 people then the P&R is just going to be swamped, bigger queues etc. etc.

So... should I try P&R again and see if things have improved. I have no vouchers though so can I even do it? I will be on the train for the eve games in April so that's 2 less times in MC.

Having said that I suspect little will change next season unless it becomes legally enforcable not to park in MC/CD on match days.

Geriatric Seagull

Nov 10, 2009
Littlehampton
Have to agree. Mill road is a nightmare and seemingly about to get worse yet when the question is asked about what other proposals are in hand, the club's response is a highly complacent nothing! Just where are the extra 8000 expected to go?

Wilka

Nov 18, 2003
Burgess Hill
mmm tough one. I support the planning app but have to admit that parking in MC generally works the best for me. The train adds yet more expense and is a poor choice for certain games when travelling with young kids however I have done used in a number of times.

I find the P&R a massive pain in the backside. Unless it's improved somewhat, Mill Road was tough to get into and a long wait on the way out for the buses.

The whole voucher book thing was a joke as well.

I have parked at the station and done the train from there which is not too bad.

With the voucher back to being part of the ticket next season then that might tempt me back to train or P&R but with another 8000 people then the P&R is just going to be swamped, bigger queues etc. etc.

So... should I try P&R again and see if things have improved. I have no vouchers though so can I even do it? I will be on the train for the eve games in April so that's 2 less times in MC.

Having said that I suspect little will change next season unless it becomes legally enforcable not to park in MC/CD on match days.

Use Mithras house P&R it's not far from where you park. If you tell them you left your vouchers at home they don't seem to question it from what I gather and the wait after the game isn't very long at all.

then and now

Jan 16, 2010
I live in moulsecoomb and there are plenty of cars parked around the estate on match days but as many of us agree, as long as thier not parking over residents driveways and have tax, insurance and the car has its mot. they should be able to park where they want, imo

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
All the costs associated with implementing and maintaining a residents' parking scheme or similar will have to be born by the club. This appeal to the 500-600 additional motorists who park in North Moulsecomb and Coldean on matchday is probably the club's last attempt to avert the introduction of such schemes, whether the expansion is approved or not.

If this is purely an exercise in being seen to do the right thing then fair enough, but if they are serious about doing something about it appealing to people 's better nature has a track record of not working with the hardcore who insist on doing it.

If this is purely an exercise in being seen to do the right thing then fair enough, but if they are serious about doing something about it appealing to people 's better nature has a track record of not working with the hardcore who insist on doing it.

My reading of the info and on-street parking survey results recently submitted to B&HCC is that the club is probably resigned to some sort of formal/legal parking restrictions being introduced on matchdays in N Moulsecomb and Coldean. As I posted early, the club will have to pay for these.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
My reading of the info and on-street parking survey results recently submitted to B&HCC is that the club is probably resigned to some sort of formal/legal parking restrictions being introduced on matchdays in N Moulsecomb and Coldean. As I posted early, the club will have to pay for these.

Why doesn't the council just introduce resident parking zones as they have done elsewhere ? If you want to park your car on the road you will need a parking permit.

tubaman

Nov 2, 2009

Any formal legislation will create more problems. The club may have to pay for any additional road signs etc but these will apply to the residents as well on non match days and will not be popular. In addition to this the any new parking restrictions will be difficult to police. The council may approve the parking restrictions but a private company enforce the restrictions. Have you seen a parking attendant in Coldean? No, because it is not create sufficient revenue.

Why doesn't the council just introduce resident parking zones as they have done elsewhere ? If you want to park your car on the road you will need a parking permit.
If someone pays the costs (including enforcement costs), I'm sure they would. Normally it's the residents who pay (through permit charges). It's theoretically possible to get someone else to pay (for example the Football Club) - but this could cost tens of thousands of pounds each year. If I was a resident and the option was given to me, I know what I'd choose.

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing

If it is a deal breaker for the new seats the club might have to take the financial hit.

Saying that, I imagine it will just move the problem elsewhere.

Have to agree. Mill road is a nightmare and seemingly about to get worse yet when the question is asked about what other proposals are in hand, the club's response is a highly complacent nothing! Just where are the extra 8000 expected to go?
Essentially, as I read the transport assessment, the Club is arguing that there is enough spare capacity in the existing matchday transport system to accommodate the extra spectators - provided people are prepared to spread their post-match departure times over a longer period of time, and another park & ride site can be found, if Bennetts Field is lost.

Whether that is a convincing enough argument remains to be seen.

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
I shall continue parking in Coldean. Much as I support the club and would like to see the extra seats, I don't do P&R and the train is not convenient. Nothing wrong with parking in Coldean providing you don't block people's driveways. And the 20 min walk to and from the stadium is good exercise.

Having cars parked in your neighbourhood 23 times a year for around 3 hours at a time is not exactly the end of the effing world.

Jan 19, 2009
Worthing
If it is a deal breaker for the new seats the club might have to take the financial hit.

Saying that, I imagine it will just move the problem elsewhere.

I think it's more of a situation where the club has to be seen doing the right thing, whether people carry on parking there or not.

At the end of the day, it's not illegal to park in those areas, and from what I've heard, no real problems on the ground, as such.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here