Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Club Poppy Badge

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Probably just me, but I am not really into this business of club badges on poppies. I guess if they are purchased through official channels they generate more income for the RBL (which, as a member, I obviously endorse), but they're not for me.

These pins are via the official RBL channel on Amazon - £4.99.
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Brighton-Hove-Albion-Poppy-Football/dp/B08XKH892R
"100% of the profits from every purchase go directly to the Royal British Legion to fund it's valuable work."
Its available via Amazon Prime (if you have that) so no p&p

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Probably just me, but I am not really into this business of club badges on poppies. I guess if they are purchased through official channels they generate more income for the RBL (which, as a member, I obviously endorse), but they're not for me.

Agreed.

Personally I'm of the opinion there should only be one sort of poppy on sale, the standard paper ones which are sold outside supermarkets etc. by people. None of this fancy jewellery, no football club stuff, no knitted ones, none of this glittery Strictly nonsense. Everyone gets a paper poppy, as an egalitarian form of communal remembrance. Also as it inevitably falls apart during the week or so prior to the 11th it means everyone buys one again next year and keeps the money coming in (which is, after all, what this is all about). I'm sure that'll be a controversial opinion to some but it's mine.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Agreed.

Personally I'm of the opinion there should only be one sort of poppy on sale, the standard paper ones which are sold outside supermarkets etc. by people. None of this fancy jewellery, no football club stuff, no knitted ones, none of this glittery Strictly nonsense. Everyone gets a paper poppy, as an egalitarian form of communal remembrance. Also as it inevitably falls apart during the week or so prior to the 11th it means everyone buys one again next year and keeps the money coming in (which is, after all, what this is all about). I'm sure that'll be a controversial opinion to some but it's mine.

I disagree.
The paper poppy is fine for people that have a coat or suit jacket with a button hole, or people that get on with attaching the paper poppy with the pin. I have jabbed myself with these pins before :facepalm:

I’m actually like the poppy pin badges without the football crest as well as the badges with it, I find pin badges are easier to fix on jumpers and coats.

Deleted member 37369

Aug 21, 2018
I disagree.
The paper poppy is fine for people that have a coat or suit jacket with a button hole, or people that get on with attaching the paper poppy with the pin. I have jabbed myself with these pins before :facepalm:

I’m actually like the poppy pin badges without the football crest as well as the badges with it, I find pin badges are easier to fix on jumpers and coats.

I agree ... and if having other options to paper poppies (pin badges etc of whatever description) means that more people end up buying a poppy, surely that means more money for the RBL?

I have the pin badge with Albion crest for the last few years. I wouldn't think of getting an 'old' one out and wearing it so I didn't have to buy another!

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
I agree ... and if having other options to paper poppies (pin badges etc of whatever description) means that more people end up buying a poppy, surely that means more money for the RBL?

I have the pin badge with Albion crest for the last few years. I wouldn't think of getting an 'old' one out and wearing it so I didn't have to buy another!

Absolutely.

2 people missed my attempt at humour on this thread about wearing the same badge, but I’ve just looked at my badge collection and I’ve got many poppy pin badges from different years and a reflective clip poppy which I think is for dog collars but I clipped it on my coat zip when I bought it :)

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
If you're really tight you could get one from Amazon and then return it in a few weeks time. My badges from the past years (yes I keep them all) are all still in good condition.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

This year it’s got the year on it.

Saying that, I haven’t seen a poppy seller yet.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
This year it’s got the year on it.

Saying that, I haven’t seen a poppy seller yet.

Do you know what…I agree. There wasn’t anyone in M&S on Sunday or a box in the petrol station at Tesco’s.

I really sincerely hope that with there no longer is any WW1 vets left and the number of WW2 vets diminishing every year, people don’t forget the sacrifice our servicemen and servicewomen made!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here