Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Club lose Bennett's Field

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
The club did say there was going to be a working party to look at transport during the close season......

Appreciate it's low down he list of priorities, but still waiting and the season is three weeks away.....

The working party would likely have been the Transport Manager and a couple of his mates. Further he gas got zero track record on communication.

I'd love to see his objectives .... can only wonder!

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Blimey.

So he was getting a pooh load of cash for doing nothing.
But wanted a pooh load of cash x 4 for doing nothing.

Blimey if the club ever released the details the Albion could be the first club charged with being 'unable to control their fans' over a car park :lol:

If the figures I heard a while back are correct, and I suspect they are, then I think the club have done exactly the right thing on this.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Am i dreaming in thinking the Bridge car park site is going to be developed at some stage?
(student accommodation but still with some parking spaces for the club)

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
Just to stick up for Big Belly / Footsoldier here.

I attended a nice bbq weekend before last and was told that he donated a driver ( rather apt for this thread ) to the REMF golf day which was auctioned for 300 quid. That shows a very, very caring side.

Let's cut him some slack, he's obviously got problems.
Fair enough, just don't understand the need to make stuff up or give it large online.

Pickles

May 5, 2014
Fair enough, just don't understand the need to make stuff up or give it large online.

Cheers and for what it's worth, I agree with you.

I'm just stating that the bloke does have a very kind side to him ( no, never met him ) by all accounts and the donation surprised all at the auction.

He's obviously got problems and I for one wish him well.

Hey, there for the grace of God go I?

May 26, 2004
Hassocks
Interestingly, the landowners are 2 Mr Bennetts of South London, so not the church. Detailed on the application form for the previously proposed car park changes.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Cheers and for what it's worth, I agree with you.

I'm just stating that the bloke does have a very kind side to him ( no, never met him ) by all accounts and the donation surprised all at the auction.

He's obviously got problems and I for one wish him well.

Hey, there for the grace of God go I?
I know him through BHA and nothing else. There's certainly two sides to him. I can understand some of the resentment due to his posting style but when you get to know him he is very generous/kind person. Think you nailed it when you say he has problems. I know it's tough for him with his dad and he certainly does a lot for him in that respect.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Just phoned Supporter Services who confirmed that if you have already booked and paid for a 2014/15 Uni parking S/T, you will still get it. It's "very likely" that it'll be another mirror hanger rather than a book of individual tickets.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Not if you live outside of Sussex it doesn't. I know people, admittedly they stay until the final whistle, who tried the P&R only to find they got home an hour later than when they used the Uni car park.

Really.. I have also used both and found there is not a lot in it

Admittedly I leave on 90 mins with my 2 boys, and sit in the East Upper, so have quick access to the buses. But In fact it took longer to get home the 2 times I used my Friends 1901 parking in the Uni.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here