Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Club are wanting to make two signings by weeks end...

How many new Albion?

Votes: 5 3.8%

Votes: 10 7.5%
  • 1 signing and 1 loan

Votes: 8 6.0%
  • 2 loans

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • NONE

Votes: 101 75.9%
  • I don't know, all I know is I love you Viper and I want you to serenade me to sleep

Votes: 8 6.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
Could it be that after showing everyone around our magnificent ground & training facilities every potential signing thinks we're loaded & promptly doubles their wage demands?

I suspect there is something to that - their perception that we have money to spend from recent transfers, new £100m stadium, new £25m training complex, blue chip sponsor and supposedly a billionaire owner must all make the cash register signs appear for prospective players - and even more likely that of their agents, who believe that we are minted and they don't really care that we are grappling with the realities of FFP.

However I fear the biggest problem is that we are now struggling to compete with the clubs like Fulham enjoying parachute money who are happy to throw £10m at McCormack and in so doing hyper inflate the transfer market for the rest of us. Sadly we are left grubbing around for comparative scraps. I do hope there is still enough in our budget for a couple of shrewd deals but the reality is that we will now see more and more emphasis on home grown talent. Hopefully we will gradually create a Southampton style staircase of talent - but not become a feeder club for Liverpool....!

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Its more likely the budget and wages that we are prepared to pay which is scuppering any potential signings at the moment. Think it will be towards the end of the window again before we see anything as player then have to drop unrealistic wage demands to get a club

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
It will seem like we are not signing any players if a person sits on NSC at every spare moment waiting for news. You need to get out more.....

............ that's a message to myself..... :shootself

Geriatric Seagull

Nov 10, 2009
Littlehampton
The poll seems to suggest that even on NSC people are losing interest in the transfer market as far as the club is concerned. We're not even getting the plethora of names that we normally get. Apathy or just realism?

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
The poll seems to suggest that even on NSC people are losing interest in the transfer market as far as the club is concerned. We're not even getting the plethora of names that we normally get. Apathy or just realism?
Its just the way it is for us, we have to grin and bear it, and pay premium prices for the privilege, we are where we are..... 2nd and 3rd choices will arrive eventually, maybe at the last minute again and we will be playing catch up once more.

jamie the seagull

Jul 27, 2011
“The goalkeeper and centre-back we are a bit thin at the moment. We definitely need strengthening there.
They are very important positions for the team, so it will be important to get them in this week.”
(Evening Argus 1st July 2014)

Burke put's another manager in his place to show who is in charge.
Why would we want to sign someone and pay them to play Lewes.
Burke "it is important to get them in on the 8th August".

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
76% say NONE. 76% know this club too well:lolol:

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
What the hell does Burke offer these transfer targets minimum wage on a zero hour contract?

Probably a bit less than that.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
He doesn't offer them anything. He identifies the players. Barber makes the offers sanctioned by Sami and Tony

Aah. That explains a lot.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here