[NSC] Close the Coronavirus sub-forum and move threads back to the main board?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Close the Coronavirus sub-forum and move threads back to the main board?

• Yep - put it all back in one place

Votes: 41 33.1%
  • No - leave things as they are for now

Votes: 83 66.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
I often forget it's there.

So do I, and on a personal level that's exactly why I think it should stay separate.

I can go to any news site I like and read about Covid ad infinitum. I like having at least one place where I don't have to see it all the time.

gordycom

Mar 17, 2013
Brighton
It should stay there. I thoroughly enjoy reading interesting opinion, debate, and albion information on nsc but the covid thread just desended into a vitriolic mess of repetitive argument and name calling. That's not a discussion!

Gully Forever

May 9, 2011
Surely people can find plenty of other sites to discuss and find out information on Coronavirus and other completely off topic stuff.

Turning this board into a mammoth broad discussion mess, Is not a good idea. I come here purely to talk about the Albion.

Chief Wiggum

Apr 30, 2009
For me the NSC main board should just be about The Albion and football in general. That's all.

By all means have sub forums for other subjects if you wish, but Trump/Brexit/Covid19/Anti-Semitism etc etc are a toxic waste of space that can be discussed endlessly on other sites if you wish.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
NSC has been undergoing a highly positive renaissance after the introduction of the Bear Pit.

It's now an oasis quarantined from the desert of internet poison.

I'm not fussed either way about the CV forum. Bad threads can always be booted into the Bear Pit anyway.

I have to admit that I very rarely look at the bear pit or the CV forums.

I must admit to having missed some ot the extremist excrement from some of the regulars on there :)

D

Deleted member 2719

So do I, and on a personal level that's exactly why I think it should stay separate.

I can go to any news site I like and read about Covid ad infinitum. I like having at least one place where I don't have to see it all the time.

I do see where you are coming from, but NSC has such a balanced political view that never gets bought into COVID, whereas the press is so LEFT and untrustworthy.

So if I just watch the news and read the press, form a common-sense view after cutting out the political nonsense.

Conclusion

No arguing, debating or flouncing needed.

Yeah, you're right, keep it there.:wink:

Music City Gull

Not Changing This, Bozza
Jun 28, 2020
12 South
This. Covid is absolutely everywhere else on the internet. Football and NSC are my escape. I don't mind the extra moderating effort that comes with shifting chancy threads into the sub-forum.

Im new and haven’t really offered much, so I know my opinion isn’t much, but I’ve been going back through threads just to try and get to know he board and its people better so I can be a better poster (currently about a year back). IMO the board is better with C19 and politics not on TBB.

I have tried once or twice to give a real time update about our situation over here as my wife is a ICU doc in Nashville treating these patients, and I should maybe avoid doing that in random threads.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Please retain both changes made.

Prior to [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION]’s move, the Main Board and New Posts pages were clogged up by party political and CV19 grandstanding threads. The same characters were starting new threads on a daily basis, very often variations on similar themes, to draw in political allies and foes.

Most folk are not highly politicised and angry, they lead normal lives, sometimes happy lives would you believe.

NSC is back to its old self.

We all know where to look for CV19 and political discussions.

Well said.
NSC was becoming tiresome until recently.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Im new and haven’t really offered much, so I know my opinion isn’t much, but I’ve been going back through threads just to try and get to know he board and its people better so I can be a better poster (currently about a year back). IMO the board is better with C19 and politics not on TBB.

I have tried once or twice to give a real time update about our situation over here as my wife is a ICU doc in Nashville treating these patients, and I should maybe avoid doing that in random threads.

Don't worry. Keep it relevant and your input is as valuable as any.

I've seen a couple of your references to your Mrs, mainly in jest, as you put us to shame with your alcohol and BBQ skills. That absolutely puts your ability compared to our UK based efforts in context. However, a thread about signing a 30 million Euro rated French striker may not be the place for it - but you knew that already. Carry on being you and you'll be fine.

If you've not seen it, there's a thread in the Covid sub forum about CV19 and the US. I think your input would be excellent, but i don't know if it's there already. I'm generally trying to avoid it and stick to the stuff I know - football, booze and music!

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
Could just move the main covid thread onto the main board, keep all the side topics together though?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports