Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Climate Change

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Surprise surprise. The Australians couldn't give a shit. Are you Tony Abbott in disguise?

Don't lump them all in with those too, many Australians do give a shit (not enough to keep tony out of the lodge though, clearly)

ozseagull

Jun 27, 2013
It's interesting how many people seem so utterly convinced that these climatologists and meteorologists don't know what they're talking about. Do any of you deniers actually have ANY qualifications or any understanding whatsoever of this complex science? If the answer is, as I suspect, NO then what are you? Gifted ****ing amateurs? Don't you realise how utterly, utterly ridiculous you sound?

I think I'll listen to the Professors and PhDs over the opinions of idiiots on a football message board if that's OK with you?

I suggest if you call somebody an idiot on a message board that you spell it properly you idiiot

Seagull

Yes I eat anything
Feb 28, 2009
On the wing
It seems near certain that man's current activity causes disruption to the climate and threatens man's and other animals/life forms' continued existence in the long term. The sooner we, with the knowledge, move to more sustainable ways of existing the better for every living thing on the planet. The embedded financial interests of the few are an obvious barrier to that move.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
It's interesting how many people seem so utterly convinced that these climatologists and meteorologists don't know what they're talking about. Do any of you deniers actually have ANY qualifications or any understanding whatsoever of this complex science? If the answer is, as I suspect, NO then what are you? Gifted ****ing amateurs? Don't you realise how utterly, utterly ridiculous you sound?

I think I'll listen to the Professors and PhDs over the opinions of idiiots on a football message board if that's OK with you?

I don't know the ins and outs of it or have any qualifications in the subject but have enough nous to go along with what the vast majority of scientists tell me about climate change. I also find the argument of them feathering their own nest laughable as it would seem to me that the skeptic side of this argument have far more money to lose by people going green.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
I didn't say I didn't think it was a problem. I was just offering an alternative to the argument which is that the earths temperature has fluctuated up and down historically so this COULD be (not is) a similar event.

My actual opinion is that I am concerned about global warning and our impact I just like to explore other explanations. I stand by my comment that the government does use the global warning scare mongering to impose excessive green taxes ie airport taxes etc.

Indeed the earth's temperature has fluctuated up and down. This is indeed a similar event, which is driven by fossil fuel burning. But please don't try to feed seven billion people in a much hotter or much colder world, it won't end happily.

The Earth will survive. Its us that needs saving

1174809_503898489697214_429605520_n.jpg

and if you like that picture there's more here http://huff.to/1aazHM6

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
This is always the misconception with climate change. The reality is more extremes globally. We could experience warmer conditions and also winters like 2010 could become more frequent.
What the bunny huggers don't tell you is that these event cycles have been happening throughout the Earths history. Solar activity has an effect on our weather as does the volume of ice covering the poles.
I'm not denying that us two footers haven't managed to speed up certain processes with our years of burning fossil fuels and destruction of large swathes of life giving forest, but we're not the only cause

This is about as close to a balanced argument as I can see on this thread.

We're not in a one thing or the other situation here. Whatever we've put into the atmosphere in the last 100 years HAS made a difference (especially on the polar ice) and we need to stop doing it, there can be no doubt about that. That doesn't mean that it's not all part of a bigger cycle that is also having a similar effect.
Chances are that we've already tipped the balance, at some point nature will correct itself and probably wipe out some of the population. Thankfully we we're all lucky enough to live in a period with astronomically high living standards when compared to the rest of human history and any major change is still a few hundred years away. I rekon it's all academic anyway - disease will get us before climate change does :thumbsup:

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
Of course we can. We have the technology right now to do it.

It's tin foil hat time, but I honestly believe that if the fossil fuel companies we're so powerful and didn't have a vested interest in it not happening, we'd easily come up with a way to supply the world with energy in this way and from other renewable sources.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
It's tin foil hat time, but I honestly believe that if the fossil fuel companies we're so powerful and didn't have a vested interest in it not happening, we'd easily come up with a way to supply the world with energy in this way and from other renewable sources.

There it is, the truth.

This has been the case for decades - we'd all be driving electric cars by now if Exxon and their ilk hadn't made sure that this would not happen.

Wankers.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here