• Other

Votes: 12 12.6%

• Total voters

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
The Young Ones.

All crap after that, especially the Xmas dirges.

Crap by todays standards l'll agree, but was he back in his 1960's heyday? He has been a phenomenally successful artist for many decades, and l find it hard to degrade anyone who sells countless millions of records.

I guess it's all about personal taste at the end of the day. He does nothing for me nowadays, but yes l unashamedly liked his music when l was growing up.

cheshunt seagull

Jul 5, 2003
When I was 17 I spent a summer in the USSR in 76 where my dad was working at the British Embassy. Cliff played a concert in Moscow and as a Zep fan I was reluctant to go but he put on a great show; the Russians were particularly into Devil Woman. I chatted to him at the Embassy bar and he was really nice and told me that he was very fond of a lemonade shandy.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Crap by todays standards l'll agree, but was he back in his 1960's heyday? He has been a phenomenally successful artist for many decades, and l find it hard to degrade anyone who sells countless millions of records.

I guess it's all about personal taste at the end of the day. He does nothing for me nowadays, but yes l unashamedly liked his music when l was growing up.

I don’t follow the herd on music eg I share your interest in André Rieu. People don’t publicly own up to liking him, including classical music snobs :lolol:

I just go by my heart.

I’m a generation younger than Cliff Richard, my earliest music memories the Stones, Arthur Brown and The Beatles. What a decade! But even when tiny, I hated hearing stuff like Congratulations or Lulu’s Shout. Imho awful dirge, at a time of music greatness. The silly Cliff Xmas songs the icing on an awful cake.

But he comes across as a decent bloke and I was chuffed when the police/BBC allegations proved to be false.

[Ironically, I like The Shadows]

Comrade Sam

Comrade Sam
Jan 31, 2013
Walthamstow
Wet Christian pap. Funny but just today I asked my Brother in law 'does every charity shop in the world have Cliff Richard records on sale?'. This after finding him in the record box in a shop in Izmir.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Funny he never married my old mum used to say.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
One has to salute [MENTION=3385]crodonilson[/MENTION] for having his finger on the pulse (of so, so many people :lolol:)

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Seems apt to post a photo for Crodo and Pierre The Painter

D8629A25-A4CA-4F96-802A-524D95D31EF4.jpeg

EBBE779D-6674-4D27-9420-ACB7E10A86AC.jpeg :wink:

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
Said it once on here and I'll say it again every time this legend is mentioned. I once met a former nurse from South Africa who said she'd had a threes up with Cliff back in the 60s.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Said it once on here and I'll say it again every time this legend is mentioned. I once met a former nurse from South Africa who said she'd had a threes up with Cliff back in the 60s.

It was because Cliff had an affair with Jet Harris' wife, he left the Shadows. That was before Cliff became a Christian.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here