Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Clarkson what do you think of him?

Clarkson, what do you think of him?

• Total voters

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
I largely like him.

I suspect CLARKSON is largely an act he puts on, with considerable success, whilst Jeremy Clarkson is probably a decent chap. I certainly think he comes across well int the Farm series and I find the Grand Tour a good watch, if often quite predictable.
Is he putting an act on when he punches people?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Haven't read the whole thread. But it's a complex and nuanced question. Lots to balance. His onscreen vs off screen persona. His contribution to downplaying climate change vs his positive impact on perceptions and understanding of the UK farming industry. His humour vs his boorishness.

I have considered all the above, and more, long and hard. And I've come to the irrefutable conclusion that he's a c*nt.

I like that, a balanced argument and then the wrong conclusion drawn :wink:
Good question, l would have ticked every one of them bar the top one if l had been able.
I kind of figured that might happen and would have skewed the poll considerably as the haters waded in, which is why I had to hold that option back :smile:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
That's me that is...

Seriously, he is not stupid and and he knows his TV persona plus the crap he writes in the ST will OUTRAGE many.

As long as he keeps on getting paid for it I very much doubt if he cares what You or I think...
Well, indeed. I am not outraged by him at all. It's just a shame that he has become too dislikable for me to bother watching or reading any of his stuff anymore. A bit like Morrissey.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Well, indeed. I am not outraged by him at all. It's just a shame that he has become too dislikable for me to bother watching or reading any of his stuff anymore. A bit like Morrissey.
Not forgetting that he also has a “Dad rock” taste in music

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
I like that, a balanced argument and then the wrong conclusion drawn :wink:

I kind of figured that might happen and would have skewed the poll considerably as the haters waded in, which is why I had to hold that option back :smile:
Hey l'm a lover not a hater. I hope that l don't hate anyone, (hate is a horrible emotion), but quite simply l don't like the man, or at least the part of Jeremy Clarkson that he shows the outside world.

I find him arrogant, aggressive, oppinionated, and self centred.

Each to their own though!

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Not forgetting that he also has a “Dad rock” taste in music
Like I said, he wrote the sleeve liner notes for an album by Caravan, one of my favourite groups. Dad rock, indeed :lolol:

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Hey l'm a lover not a hater. I hope that l don't hate anyone, (hate is a horrible emotion), but quite simply l don't like the man, or at least the part of Jeremy Clarkson that he shows the outside world.

I find him arrogant, aggressive, oppinionated, and self centred.

Each to their own though!
Indeed. Whenever I watch him I find it entertaining. Yes, there are some WTF moments but dull he is not. I have no time for dull media people. Whatever you think of him, he has a way with words and doesn’t give a f***.

Much like Neil Young, who I imagine is a bit of an arsehole but I find him fascinating and extremely talented. In a different way, so is Clarkson. Would I want either as a flatmate? No I wouldn’t but dull they are not and I make no apology for finding both very entertaining.

I don’t do getting offended on somebody else’s behalf, not directed at you but quite a few on NSC seem to get off on doing so.:shrug:

Last edited:

faoileán

Jan 29, 2021
It's quite simple really; if you like Clarkson there's a high probability that you voted Leave (and screwed-up the country for the foreseeable), and are a Tory cwnt (Welsh spelling)

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
It's quite simple really; if you like Clarkson there's a high probability that you voted Leave (and screwed-up the country for the foreseeable), and are a Tory cwnt (Welsh spelling)
Tory **** and voted stay, moronic to vote leave imo. Bear Pit now?

So not that simple

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here