Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Clarkson Cancelled

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Well in fairness, “cancellation” and attempts at it are a very real thing. Just not in this case. He hasn’t been blackballed or anything.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Are you implying that anyone who likes Clarkson is a bit of a racist? At least that’s how it reads.
Does it?

That wasn’t my intention. I would think that Clarkson is not exactly racist, but has a very inflated sense of his own worth, and by extension, very little regard for anyone who doesn’t fit his upper middle class, public school educated, circle of associates and friends.
You could say, he’s just a product of his generation and class.

Tom Bombadil

Jul 14, 2003
Jibrovia
As my first suggestion wasn't appreciated I've come up with a sure fire winner this time

micah-richards-fashion-style-review-by-michael84.jpg

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
I’m a republican,but, I wouldn’t cheer Clarkson for his comments. In fact, I wouldn’t cheer anyone making comments

I believe most republicans care little about the rows between our crisis ridden Royal Family.
Would you cheer Eddie Izzard if they had suggested Prince Andrew should be paraded naked through the village and the locals throw excrement at him?

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I don’t mind him and enjoyed watching Clarkson’s Farm series 1 and what I have seen so far of series 2.
I’m not someone that’s obsessed with cars but I also thought Top Gear was good entertainment.
I’m not a petrolhead one bit (cleaning the exterior of my car every 9 months :lolol:). But Top Gear with Clarkson and May was great … pipsqueak Hammond was the one I found trying too hard and irritating. Clarkson also made some brilliant doc’s about our European neighbours, also the Victoria Cross. He’s a very good writer.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Might be time for Clarkson to concentrate his muck spreading solely on his farm ?

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I do, one of my favourite TV programmes with him as host.

Given the choice of a night out with Clarkson or one with Megane, it would be a complete no brainer for me too :shrug:
I would you suggest you have made a major error there, I know which one I would prefer to shag after an evening out.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I would you suggest you have made a major error there, I know which one I would prefer to shag after an evening out.
I would rather stick red hot needles in my eyes than shag her. Fact. She’d probably go on Oprah and tell the world how small my dick was afterwards if I did :wink:

I‘d have no intention of shagging Clarkson either, just to be clear!

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
I’m not a petrolhead one bit (cleaning the exterior of my car every 9 months :lolol:). But Top Gear with Clarkson and May was great … pipsqueak Hammond was the one I found trying too hard and irritating. Clarkson also made some brilliant doc’s about our European neighbours, also the Victoria Cross. He’s a very good writer.
I think he also made a documentary about Brunel

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
No you're wrong.

The way South Park destroyed them there's been FAR more support for mocking and laughing at them than people rushing to their defence.

You live in a bubble.
You live 10,000 miles away and have no idea about Britain or how we feel.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Would you cheer Eddie Izzard if they had suggested Prince Andrew should be paraded naked through the village and the locals throw excrement at him?
Did you miss the bit where I said I wouldn’t cheer anyone who made this kind of comment about anyone?

Apart from being completely puerile, it would never happen. Unlike Clarkson and his ilk, I have no wish to throw shit ( real shit, not figurative shit) at Prince Andrew who I consider to be a complete nonentity now, apart from the fact he has a media footprint that I wish was copied by the rest of the family.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I think he also made a documentary about Brunel
Did you watch the VC one? In the final moment he revealed that his then father in law had won the VC, hence his interest.

The Euro docs were fantastic. It was billed as a p-take of the French and Germans. Instead he had great warmth for the people and cultures, he looked at stereotypes, some true. Great observations and well written.

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Did you watch the VC one? In the final moment he revealed that his then father in law had won the VC, hence his interest.

The Euro docs were fantastic. It was billed as a p-take of the French and Germans. Instead he had great warmth for the people and cultures, he looked at stereotypes, some true. Great observations and well written.
Must admit I can’t remember watching it, sometimes I’m guilty of half watching things on tv but also getting distracted by NSC :smile:

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
You live 10,000 miles away and have no idea about Britain or how we feel.

Erhm that's the point. You are saying someone is wrong based on your insular view, when the other persons view is actually closer to the truth.

Their popularity is on the dive. Big time.

Getting lampooned by one of the world's most iconic satiric shows proves how their image outside of the UK is perceived.

You're in the minority with your view.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here