Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Offers] Clapping

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
It wasn’t banned. It was merely suggested that people could use sign language instead. The media jumped to say it had been banned. It is fake news. It was a headline designed to fool people who believe any old crap they read.

It would be like saying that any company who encourages people to car share if possible to save environment has banned people from driving on their own to work. Simply nonsense. Come on people use your brains!

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Hopefully the new Speaker will exert his influence and bring to an end the disorderly emergence of clapping in the House of Commons.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Come on, Crodo, this thread.....you're better than that ???

He’s not been the same since overusing the Alec gag and not bouncing threads from a year ago (football gaff DVD’s) that nobody commented on. I expect better but I fear he’s lost his subtle touch and is becoming too obvious :(

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
It wasn’t banned. It was merely suggested that people could use sign language instead. The media jumped to say it had been banned. It is fake news. It was a headline designed to fool people who believe any old crap they read.

It would be like saying that any company who encourages people to car share if possible to save environment has banned people from driving on their own to work. Simply nonsense. Come on people use your brains!
But it's on the TV so people believe it

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I applaud the starting of this thread.

Oh...

Although I understand that Albion have measures in place for kids who struggle with noise. Which makes sense in a considerate world.

LadySeagull

Jan 21, 2011
Portslade
I agree. One of my sons is at Oxford and there is no waaay him and his football mates would do jazz hands instead of clapping!

Fake news indeed.

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
Oxford University has become the latest of a number of bodies to ban applause and clapping in favour of jazz hands to avoid offending people and help people with anxiety issues. Is it time that sporting events followed suit with jazz hands used to denote respect and pleasure?

???
Some disappointing responses. Personally I prefer jazz hands to ryrhmic clapping. Some of our less sophisticated fans can't tell the difference between Sussex By The Sea and the Strictly theme tune.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
Discriminates against blind people ? ???

Exactly. And incidentally I have absolutely no idea what "jazz hands" is …. I'd never heard the term until earlier this week Obviously some kind of silent applause but I can't be bothered to google it.

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
Exactly. And incidentally I have absolutely no idea what "jazz hands" is …. I'd never heard the term until earlier this week Obviously some kind of silent applause but I can't be bothered to google it.

Let Taylor show you...

27-taylor-swift-dancing-gifs-from-shake-it-off_all-that-jazz.gif

RossyG

Dec 20, 2014
Exactly. And incidentally I have absolutely no idea what "jazz hands" is …. I'd never heard the term until earlier this week.

It's something I always identified with the Black and White Minstrel Show or Al Jolson. Hands held shoulder high on both sides and wiggled from side to side.

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
I applaud the starting of this thread.

Oh...

Although I understand that Albion have measures in place for kids who struggle with noise. Which makes sense in a considerate world.

If you struggle with noise there's an easy solution … don't go to footy matches.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
If you struggle with noise there's an easy solution … don't go to footy matches.

Thankfully,, the club don't take that view entirely. autistic kids, for example, have their own box.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Tooting and Mitcham the first club to trial jazz hands.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
I saw on cash in the attic last night a few people doing jazz hands instead of applause in the audience, is this now catching on? Might be of some help to people re-adjusting back into society after the lockdowns who are fearful of large crowds.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here