clangers vs wombles

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
Can the Bumblies be on the bench, they can come on to reinforce either side. ( My Dad used to call me Bumbly number 3. Sigh.)

The Bumblies

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
Can the Bumblies be on the bench, they can come on to reinforce either side. ( My Dad used to call me Bumbly number 3. Sigh.)

The Bumblies

but then we would need two back ups and it would get complicated , what would happen if the subs kicked it off.......telly tubbies , clangers , bumblies and wombles all-in winners take all.?

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
Telly Tubbies are modern day woosies, ones even got a handbag, another ones a drunk a third is clearly of his rocker. This is the sort of stuff I subjected my son too. :facepalm:

Dr Q

Jul 29, 2004
Cobbydale
Wombles were a short furry, recycling version of the A Team. they could make anything out of useless stuff lying around, so could easily have rustled up a weapon of mass destruction out of a few empty coke cans and some hyperdermic needles they would've found on Wimbledon Common. What were the Clangers without the Soup Dragon? Only defence were some dustbin lids!

Last edited:

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
Clangers easily. They can live in an oxygen free environment which makes them doubly hard. Plus I am sure that their high-pitched voices would do untold damage to the Wombles sensitive hearing.

Best thread of the day - well done!! :thumbsup:

Pbseagull

Sep 28, 2011
Eastbourne
Gotta be the Wombles.
Tomsk is double hard and could prob beat them on his own, If he attacked along with Orinocco and Tobermorey , with Madame Cholet and Great Uncle Bulgaria as back up. No contest!

Pbseagull

Sep 28, 2011
Eastbourne
Just remembered, went to Withers late 60's/early 70's when it was still being used as a schoolkids athletics stadium, the Wombles made an appearance on the pitch. We all went running towards them from the stands. I was only a kid and when I got close to Orinocco he was bloody HUGE, so I legged it. Anyone else remember this?

Last edited:

crasher

Jul 8, 2003
Sussex
The Wombles would be tooled up. All that rubbish they collect includes bicycle chains, rusty springs, old razor blades.

And the Clangers (operating in lower gravity) would move more sluggishly if the fight was on earth.

I'm going Wombles.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Clangers easily. They can live in an oxygen free environment which makes them doubly hard. Plus I am sure that their high-pitched voices would do untold damage to the Wombles sensitive hearing.

Best thread of the day - well done!! :thumbsup:
I was thinking the same thing! Can't be arsed to read all the football crap, I know exactly what it'll be like.

Anyway, my heart says Clangers but my head says Wombles. As has been pointed out I think their ability to improvise and their bigger size will carry the day. Plus they can communicate in English and not whistles; I think there's a chance that in the heat of battle Baby Clanger's cry of "Kick Uncle Bulgaria in the goolies!" will get misheard as "Dive down the nearest crater!"

Trufflehound

Re-enfranchised
Aug 5, 2003
The democratic and free EU
I've met the Clangers in person (BBC Exhibition ca.1982). Much as my heart would love them to win it, I think the fact they are only about 10cm tall might count against them...

Bagpuss, on the other hand, is one big mutha. He could take the Wombles single-handedly.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
15 years ago I would have said Wombles without a doubt, but ever since they relocated and changed their name to MK Ombles I don't think they've had the same threat.

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
I was thinking the same thing! Can't be arsed to read all the football crap, I know exactly what it'll be like.

Anyway, my heart says Clangers but my head says Wombles. As has been pointed out I think their ability to improvise and their bigger size will carry the day. Plus they can communicate in English and not whistles; I think there's a chance that in the heat of battle Baby Clanger's cry of "Kick Uncle Bulgaria in the goolies!" will get misheard as "Dive down the nearest crater!"

I'm not convinced on the size argument. If you take the dustbin lid size in proportion to the moon as a whole, each Clanger must be enormous:

01clangers_moon.jpg

Plus, they appear to have got hold of a new weapon:

clangers death star.jpg

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Hmm. You may have a point. However we don't know how big the moon is, looking at photo the curvature is quite pronounced. I guess I'll have to wait for the weigh-in.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Wombles would smash the Clangers but equally the guys from Trap Door would outwit the Wombles !

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports