Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

city nick our hotel

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
cant believe this happens we provesional book vale of glamorgan hotel wher united stayed this weekend last week,only to have bristol come in and overturn the booking!!in argus tonight for full story

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
But we have the lucky dressing room!

Relax....

Lammy

Registered Abuser
Oct 1, 2003
Newhaven/Lewes/Atlanta
Well it turns out the Bristol had provisionally booked before us. The hotel manager is 'in' with a few of the Bristol lot. Apparently the hotel did the same thing a couple of years ago. Not really worth losing sleep over.

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
If the hotel had said no and then Brighton had decided not to take up their provisional booking the hotel would have lost out on a lot of money.

£205 (I think) x 20 ish x 2 nights is getting on towards ten grand.

Sep 18, 2003
Went to a Wedding Reception of an old friend of mine 2 summers ago at Vale of Glamorgan. The summer immediately after we showed Cardiff who was who in the 2nd Div.

Very nice hotel. It's got a very nice golf course attached to it in a huge country park......anyway.........whilst queuing up to meet the bride, just as we are about to shake hands and do the greetings etc, I catch out of the corner of my eye, blue and white stripes teeing off from the first tee.

Yep there was Albion there (as I had to tell the bride).

Who was that Albion fan I'll never know, but I had witnesses from far afield, who had to agree we were a big club!!!

Sweetie

Apr 1, 2004
Lammy said:
Well it turns out the Bristol had provisionally booked before us. The hotel manager is 'in' with a few of the Bristol lot. Apparently the hotel did the same thing a couple of years ago. Not really worth losing sleep over.

The hotel GM is a Bristol City fan!!!

And there is a fact that every team that has stayed at the Vale has gone on to win... :ohmy:

Lush

Mods' Pet
I have a theory.

Teams come to Brighton. They think they're on their holidees. They have a nice walk on the prom. We stuff 'em.

We go to Blackpool. We stay in a hotel. We have a nice walk on the prom. WE get stuffed.

Bristol City - and by the way WTF do they need a hotel for? They only live down the road!!!! - get into swanky sporty hotel. They think they're on the team post-season RandR at La Manga. We stuff em.

No worries.

SuperFurrySeagull

Sep 25, 2003
Cardiff By The Sea
Anyone needing a hotel should try the Riverside Hotel. Don't know if they're fully booked but its immediately opposite the stadium (2 mins walk). The waiter's a Brighton supporter (I know, I have his ticket). They're usually allocated a team on big match days but if anyone wants to give them a go let us know how you get on.

Lets make the Taff riverside blue & white!!

Tel: #44 (0)29 2037 8866
http://www.riverbankcardiff.freeserve.co.uk/

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here