Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] City fans.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I was going to reply to this on 'screamer' but IMO that thread ought to stay on message, so am hoping to move the conversation over here.

There were quite a few absolute bellend City fans knocking about after the game last might. Also, check out their messageboard. Lots of 'Brighton are decent but we could have beat them out of 2nd gear' and insane levels of paranoia about VAR and how they are treated and one chap calls brighton fans 'morons'.

They seem like a very empty club to me. Slightly devoid of soul. I'm sure it wasn't that way in the old days.

Also some other bloke moaning that we were celebrating like 'we'd just won the league' presuming it was all about him and City.

I couldn't even be arsed to tell him that
A) we always do that when we win because its fun.
B) it is an amazing achievement for us tonbe where we are.

They seem to have become completely desensitised to the enjoyment of football by constant success. Their mode of support now seems to have become about handwringing over only being 99% successful.
Like many others l think some of their reactions to the goal are priceless.
But I absolutely agree with the final paragraph above, up there, this season, I was amazed by how many fans didn't watch the game.
They were entirely triggered by us, standing side on to the pitch.
They acted like they were bored with assuming they'd win.

On Football Weekly an overarching point about Newcastle following Simeone to the dark side as they become the epitomy of 'no one likes us we don't care', spilled into City.

The talking head was saying he feels like City want to be loved and enjoyed by the rest of us, so can't understand why we all hate them after what they've done for us.

(It made a lot more sense the way he said it)

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
I’ve noticed it a lot this season, the general level of Paranoia from all of the big 6 is quite frankly staggering.

Even after the Spurs fiasco a few of their fans seemed to think that the outrage was because Spurs benefited, rather than because it was the single worst performance in VAR history.

It’s actually quite staggering how all of them need to play the victim card constantly. They have the financial clout which has made the Top 4 and every trophy a closed shop but still they need to try and paint themselves as a plucky underdog fighting against the system who hate specifically them. It’s hilariously pathetic.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
I loved it when....

They scored and all did that thing when fans turn their backs to the pitch and bounce up and down celebrating.

VAR DISALLOWED GOAL

North west corner of the North stand all turn their backs to the pitch and bounce up and down celebrating.

That was very funny.

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
It also shows up in the fact that they couldn't sell out their allocation. Plenty of empty seats. Yes they've got other finals yada, yada, yada, yada. But the fact they had less fans than already relegated Southampton says it all IMO.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
It also shows up in the fact that they couldn't sell out their allocation. Plenty of empty seats. Yes they've got other finals yada, yada, yada, yada. But the fact they had less fans than already relegated Southampton says it all IMO.
Watch it, someone has already been on defending them on another thread, as they have already won the title and don't need to come down.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
They act as if everyone is against them. The freak fouled our player get over it. An easy decision that Hopper was able to give after just one review on the pitch side screen.

I really hope that the EPL grow some balls and throw them out for cheating

Nobby

Sep 29, 2007
Let's hope that the football authorities clamp down hard on their cheating like they did with Leicester

Oh........

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
It's like when they didn't sell out in the cup Semi against us. Yes it's only Brighton, yes they had other big games coming up, yes a cup Semi isn't that big a deal for them. I totally understand all those reasons why some people couldn't be arsed with it. But the fact is that Man Utd / Liverpool / Spurs / Arsenal / Chelsea would have all sold out that allocation in the same circumstance, because for every fan that can't be arsed, there are 10 more that can. City just don't have the numbers that the rest of the Big Six do.

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
They did, but lots didn't bother turning up after winning the league already. Their fans have become really, really shit. Utter shyte atmosphere at the Etihad - so bad it's talked about a lot by other fans and Pep talks about it too, and I couldn't believe how quiet they were last night considering they will have been mostly die-hards, they'd just won the league, and got two finals coming up to win the treble. You'd think they were rock bottom relegated out of sight last night - Saints were quite quiet too but made more noise than City. Soulless club top to bottom. It seems that's what happens when you become a petro-state club and winning becomes a formality.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
I loved it when....

They scored and all did that thing when fans turn their backs to the pitch and bounce up and down celebrating.

VAR DISALLOWED GOAL

North west corner of the North stand all turn their backs to the pitch and bounce up and down celebrating.

That was very funny.
Loved that!

PeterT

Apr 21, 2017
Hove
In a funny sort of way, going from perennial strugglers to the best team in the world funded by Abu Dhabi is probably not actually as great as it sounds.

What else is there left to achieve now (Champions League, I know, but you get my point)?

The City fans I got to know when I lived up that way are likely a very different breed from the ones that go now and who have the money to go to all the big games. I genuinely think there are many who have found this sudden success a bit strange to deal with.

I also appreciate that heading in the other direction is worse, although they were actually really well supported when they were in the old Third Division!

GJN1

Nov 4, 2014
Brighton
By the way, what eventually happened to the Saints' fans giant inflatable coiled poo?

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Weirdly, I work with a city fan, genuine fan -she's from Manchester, and she tried all day to get tickets in the home and the away section and both clubs had sold out the entire time. She was really frustrated and therefore it was odd to see so many gaps in the city end.

Hudson Hawk

Feb 20, 2017
Upper Beeding
I loved it when....

VAR DISALLOWED GOAL

That was very funny.

Did they show that on TV, I think it was quite a lot of the North, not just the NW as i'm in between the 2 ad did it.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
I loved it when....

VAR DISALLOWED GOAL

That was very funny.
Yep, that was hilarious.

Don't do the Poznan unless you are at least 3 goals ahead.

I also loved, 'you're just a shit Lewes Town.' Totally lost on them.

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
there were a couple of stone island types stood by the split between home and away, spent the first 20 minutes focussed on berating the Albion supporters, scarcely looked at the pitch until one of their supporters got hacked off and wandered down to have a go at them. they didn't return after half time

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here