Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] City fans reaction

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
If we ever get to the heights or even near the likes of City. Please please remember where we’ve come from, and not act like a bunch of *****.

You know what, I very much doubt we will.
Relatively speaking, we're almost there and we have far more humility than these dreary Manc whinge-bags.

Our equivalent is probably the rise of Fulham - who went from division 4 to a Europa league final in just over a decade not so long ago. Their forums are very level headed and I can't imagine they will act like childish twunts towards their opponents if their team loses to the likes of Blackpool next season. I would hope we're more like them.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
What utter tosh.
Genuinely, the game didn’t matter to us - everyone loses games. Not being injured was the primary goal.
It says more that some here are spending soooo much time on the City forums, suggesting doubt. X10 men for x80 mins away from home and against dubious officiating ................awaiting the investigation into the betting irregularities now being investigated into Bloom and Atwell in Brighton’s last five games. Let’s see how cocky you are then🤔

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/libel

Dr Q

Jul 29, 2004
Cobbydale
What utter tosh.
Genuinely, the game didn’t matter to us - everyone loses games. Not being injured was the primary goal.
It says more that some here are spending soooo much time on the City forums, suggesting doubt. X10 men for x80 mins away from home and against dubious officiating ................awaiting the investigation into the betting irregularities now being investigated into Bloom and Atwell in Brighton’s last five games. Let’s see how cocky you are then🤔

So we've been told off by a big boy from a big boys club, and they say they don't like us anymore. Muuuuum!

***k me, what a :tosser:

zeemeeuw

Apr 8, 2006
Somerset
You're an absolute nob. :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

Your "fans" are more angry at an inconsequential defeat to little old Brighton than you were at Millwall when they smashed up Maine Road in a division three league game. It is proper funny. :lolol:

I know and his opening gambit was to introduce himself as a reasonable, articulate fellow fan of the game ... his mask has well and truly slipped now, hasn't it?

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
What utter tosh.

What a fvcking MELT. :tosser: Even your Head Coach lost his shit when our little Graham gave him an overenthusiastic fist pump.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
What utter tosh.

Yes, the game didn't matter to you. That may be why your players lost it. Not because anyone is conspiring against you. Were there cries of conspiracy when your slack defending let Newcastle score twice last week? Oh no, because you scraped a win in that one. To my knowledge, none of us have signed up to your forum, so you are not really in a great position to throw those type of stones. I think you'll find that the tweet that started that particular lie about Tony has been taken down, probably for fear of legal action. If you think he's been conspiring with Attwell, just take a look at the joke of a penalty Attwell awarded against Tariq Lamptey at Selhurst earlier in the season. Referees make errors. Its part of football. As I said earlier, the tin foil hattery on the basis of losing one game is truly astounding.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
What utter tosh.
It says more that some here are spending soooo much time on the City forums, suggesting doubt. X10 men for x80 mins away from home and against dubious officiating ................awaiting the investigation into the betting irregularities now being investigated into Bloom and Atwell in Brighton’s last five games. Let’s see how cocky you are then[emoji848]

I’d be very carefully making such allegations about a good man like Tony Bloom. You’re making quite a horrific claim there that could be damaging.

It’s funny, our game was probably one of the few where we did get the break of refereeing decisions. Obviously you’re blind to our games, but we’ve had some shocking officiating. The 99th minute pen vs Man Utd, stone pen not given at OT, goal allowed, disallowed, allowed and disallowed at Brom (or whatever the case was) and many others.

You had a bit of bad luck. A debateable red that didn’t go your way. Boo hoo. Suck it up and show some class to an honest, less fashionable and far less financed team fighting against the odds to be a contender in this league.

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
I couldn't really be arsed with the moaning City fans until now, but the claims they are making are not only libellous (see betting comment) but also just statistically incorrect.

We are supposed to have tried to kick them off the park to beat them, yet the foul count was 13 against 11 - hardly the sign of a team using strong arm tactics. Then again I suppose the claim will be that Atwell turned a blind eye to all our skull-duggery!

Can't say I'm much of a fan of that other purchased team, Chelsea, but I would really laugh out loud if they turn City over in the Champions League Final... bitter tw@ts

#teamslikebrighton

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Ironic that you should refer to City fans as ‘entitled tossers’ (how many have you actually met?) and then proceed to childishly whine on about how you booed the guard of honour, want them kicked out of football and decisions against Brighton.

When in fact, you wouldn’t be seeing your team play ‘good football’ these days, had it not been for Fraudiola /City changing the way the game (football) is played.

City aren’t ‘dirty’, they don’t cheat, they allow other teams to play, they’re not arrogant (nor are the fans), they’re humble in victory and most of the time gracious in defeat. It’s jealousy that spurs this nonsense you’re peddling.
As for the Petroclub crap - are you seriously saying you personally don’t use the stuff? If your going to be so self righteous, you need to take a good look at your own owners background and the fact that I’ve heard rumours today of an FA investigation into betting irregularities associated with the officiating of the game. If you ask a Lincoln City fan -they’d be jealous Brighton at the moment because you’ve got more money - and you’re not the least bit concerned how your owner came by it - ARE YOU?

I did see the handball by City player, and we called it as a penalty - Atwell and Moss didn’t, they were as wrong about that as most of the decisions they made that evening, and mere incompetence doesn’t cover it IMO- and that’s a problem for ALL supporters.

The Moss/Atwell combo has been mired in controversy before and Atwell was removed from officiating premier league games for X9 years for exactly this stuff.

I previously enjoyed my time visiting your club, and entertaining your away fans at our place - but prats like you and others in this thread have completely changed the way we think of your club. I think you’ll notice that next season.
As it happens, your manager has already issued a public apology to MCFC staff for the behavior of the club that night....

Eh? Bllx

Perhaps take this fresh bunch of grapes ..only the ones you have their seem to have gone sour

Oh and I see you’ve pointed the finger at our owner ..bit rich coming from the supporter of a club trying to form a breakaway league...you must be choking on all that humble pie you are having to eat.

Grade one tosser...with all these threats you are making about next season

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
What utter tosh.
That is highly libellous.

I hope you’ve got deep pockets ****tard.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Putting aside the fact that this ‘match fixing’ thing is total bollocks, answer me this.

Surely the only way we - or indeed any team - could ‘fix’ a match is to deliberately lose it?

How did you fix it to win?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Putting aside the fact that this ‘match fixing’ thing is total bollocks, answer me this.

Surely the only way we - or indeed any team - could ‘fix’ a match is to deliberately lose it?

Ah you see the ref is in on it too, that's why we won. Of course for that to work you'd have to ignore the penalty not given for blatant handball, and their keeper not being booked for time wasting etc. etc.

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005
What utter tosh.

Do yourself a favour and **** off! Go spend another Billion pounds and win the league again... Everyone knows its only because of the money... You would do well to remember where you came from... Hope Chelsea smash you in the final and you will always be that small club in Manchester!

Razzoo

Sep 11, 2011
N. Yorkshire

By bribing the officials of course! :mad:

disgruntled h blocker

Oct 16, 2003
Ampfield
The City fans need to realise that the history books will show that Brighton won. Get over it. Any kind of "if this" and "if that" reminds of good old Harty and "if my Gran had wheels, she'd be a bus". It gets incredibly tiresome to hear the bedwetting reporting in say the Manchester Evening News which goes through each incident where VAR failed them; but VAR has failed both teams in equal respect. Undoubtedly that if City lose to Chelsea it'll be Brighton's fault.

We must also remember how skewed the press is towards Manchester City. If you think back to when Laporte was stretchered off last season after trying take out Adam Webster, and how throughout the season the reporting was changed to tell a totally different story as to what happened, forgetting that Laporte got booked for the incident.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla

I wish we'd "fix" enough matches to be top 10.

Maybe next season, eh ? Best go large.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
I've read a bit of the Blue Moon stuff, plus some of the comments on the BBC website. It's hilarious. To think that so many Man City fans could get so upset about losing to Brighton! In a game that apparently didn't even matter to them!! I'll be mildly amused if they lose the CL final to Chelsea - it will be great fun going back on Blue Moon and reading all the "Pep out" comments that are bound to flood in. Long may it continue :)

There seems to be a genuine belief that there is a conspiracy against them. If there is, the conspirators are presumably using the same clowns who bodged their way through the Watergate cover up as they've won the league three times out of the last four goes. I suspect it may be because of the rows with Uefa over the financial fair play stuff. Its hard to understand the logic of any decision made by Uefa, although I think that we all very much believe, like they did, that City's commercial income is not as enormous as their accounts may indicate. The two noveau riche giants being singled out for punishment when trying to invest the funds to compete with the established elite of Europe probably seems a bit unfair from the point of view of their fans, but City seem to have taken this one snowdrop of perceived unfairness and rolled into a giant snowball of madness. Ask any neutral in this country who out of the big six they would realistically want to win the league and City would come near the top of the list. It's Man U and Liverpool that most of the football world hates and wants to see fail. We don't care about City. Like Chelsea, you've been refreshing as a challenge to the status quo at the top, but we all recognise that the source of the massive income needed to make this challenge is a bit murky.

I suppose they're not alone. All football comment sections are absolutely full of fans of big six teams making mad accusations about the PGMOL, FA, Premier League, UEFA, you name them, conspiring against their teams whenever a decision goes against them or in favour of one of the others. Its a sign of the modern desire to deny the existence of random events in a random universe. It's made more hilarious when the ESL fiasco evidenced that the only dodgy conspiracy going on in football was being done by their owners and in cahoots with the owners of the teams that they have the most vitriol for.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Must be galling knowing that whatever their vanity project club achieves, they’ll always be regarded as the lesser team in their own city. No wonder they’re screwed up.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here