Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] City coming for Mitoma

Mustafa II

Oct 14, 2022
Hove
I'm pretty certain now that these big clubs start these rumours in order to unsettle our players and set the foundation for future transfers.

They know full well that once the fans/social media gets ahold of these rumours, that they will spiral into perpetuity.

raymondo

Apr 26, 2017
Wiltshire
Sure I recall RDZ already saying that him and TB have agreedMitoma isn’t going anywhere this year.
Yes, rdz said Mitoma needed to stay one more year to improve. It's amazing really...as if PB has told rdz what to say on our shopping channel 😎

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
This one would make a great "Anatomy of a transfer rumour" example.

It first appeared in this Daily Star piece...

...and has since grown and grown, with the first iterations referring back to the Star piece but now that doesn't happen - it's a living, breathing story in its own right.

City may well come for Mitoma, but there's absolutely nothing of any substance in the Star piece and with Grealish and, to a lesser extent, Foden operating down the City left, I'm not quite sure where Mitoma would fit in.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location

...and has since grown and grown, with the first iterations referring back to the Star piece but now that doesn't happen - it's a living, breathing story in its own right.

City may well come for Mitoma, but there's absolutely nothing of any substance in the Star piece and with Grealish and, to a lesser extent, Foden operating down the City left, I'm not quite sure where Mitoma would fit in.
Pep raves about Palmer as well (with good reason).

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

It was even earlier than that on Twitter/X I saw a retweet from some oik retweeting/reposting his view from last March. As with any rumour, it got picked up on and did the rounds.

The same Ekrem reposted it three days ago and a Sun reporter put it online.

Last edited:

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London
Sure I recall RDZ already saying that him and TB have agreedMitoma isn’t going anywhere this year.
Yes, this is all well and good and news from the horses mouth is always a good indicator, but the OP read it on a transfer site! Hard to know which source is better.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead

Straight swap. No cash. Two for the price of one.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here