Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Chuba

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
So sitting on the bench addresses that point?

Break him in now.

A little unfair on the boy I think. We have another game coming hot on the heels of this one, depending on the Baldock situation, perhaps start him in that one.

It will at least give him a bit more time to settle in, and get to know everyone's names..

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
I would have thought this, but on the other hand if he starts it could really confuse Hudds because he's an unknown quantity from Arsenal. Just looking at him you wouldn't want to give him any space so he would pin them back a bit.

Why would it confuse Huddersfield?
Doubt they'll care who's playing for us as they'll go about their business:)

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Bugger. Was going to have a little dabble on him scoring tonight, but he's not listed anywhere on PaddyPower :down:

Scored against Huddersfield on his Hull debut

SUIYHP

The King's Gull
Apr 16, 2009
Inside Southwick Tunnel
Reckon he could come on in place of Murray at the 75' mark if things are going well. Hughton definitely won't bring in Baldock

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Why would it confuse Huddersfield?
Doubt they'll care who's playing for us as they'll go about their business:)

I think it will add some caution to them coming at us at the start . If Chuba he can't control the ball when he has it and their fans laugh and whistle at him missing an open goal that ends up a throwing, they might throw more caution to the wind as the game progresses.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Hughton definitely won't bring in Baldock
With 3 fit strikers, I agree there's no way he'll risk Baldock unless he's fully recovered. But we just have no idea how Baldock is, other than the fact he wasn't available for our game 9 days ago.

Chinman3000

Sep 28, 2011
Some people seem to have forgotten already that Hemed won us 3 points in the last game so I doubt he will be losing his place to a young loanee.

Would be VERY unfair to drop him after that and I for one don't see Hughton doing so.

S
B D D P
K K St Ma
M H

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Some people seem to have forgotten already that Hemed won us 3 points in the last game so I doubt he will be losing his place to a young loanee.

Would be VERY unfair to drop him after that and I for one don't see Hughton doing so.
It's not about fairness, it's about giving us the best chance of winning. It also doesn't matter that the new player is on loan, as first choice Murray has been all season. It's possible Hughton could go with Akpom because of the type of striker he is, and not wanting to start with our two target men. I don't think he's had long enough with the team though, so if I had to guess, I'd imagine he'll be on the bench.

Chinman3000

Sep 28, 2011
It's not about fairness, it's about giving us the best chance of winning. It also doesn't matter that the new player is on loan, as first choice Murray has been all season. It's possible Hughton could go with Akpom because of the type of striker he is, and not wanting to start with our two target men. I don't think he's had long enough with the team though, so if I had to guess, I'd imagine he'll be on the bench.

I get this and they are some valid points but Hughton has to be a good people manager too to keep the amazing spirit in the team as he has. Therefore giving Hemed a start and then dropping him after scoring and winning the game wouldn't be the best message, so I think he will start him as a reward and then take him off for Chuba at about 65 if he hasn't bagged.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I get this and they are some valid points but Hughton has to be a good people manager too to keep the amazing spirit in the team as he has. Therefore giving Hemed a start and then dropping him after scoring and winning the game wouldn't be the best message, so I think he will start him as a reward and then take him off for Chuba at about 65 if he hasn't bagged.
If Akpom was fully ready (which he won't be) and the style of player Hughton wanted for this game (who knows) then he'd start. If Hughton also thought Hemed was in good form and deserved a start (which is very possible), I guess he'd put Murray on the bench.

We'll have to agree to disagree. I think it's all about the points and the whole team know that. We can't afford to pick anyone just because it's nice or a good message.

lizard

Well-hung member
Jul 14, 2005
I'm hoping he may get twenty minutes tonight to run at (hopefully) tired legs after Murray and Hemed have carved out a three goal lead. :)

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
I saw the Huddersfield - Wigan game and they really struggled against the pace of Wildschut so we could do with someone quick upfront tonight.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here