Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Chuba Akpom

fat old seagull

Sep 8, 2005
Rural Ringmer
I'd be disappointed if our extremely competent, and professionally secretive procurment department would be spending a few mill on just a decent player. Rather than a bit more, on that someone special we need so badly.
On the upside the Winstanley Dept is wonderfully silent at present, which is usually cue to a good signing ...... that no one expected. :albion2:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Just a glorified Mark Flatts.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
I wouldn't be happy with Akpom. Think we need someone with a bit more experience, whether in the Premier League/Championship or top divisions overseas, as the main striker signing.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Who do you think we can get that would be better then Akpom?

Actually, I heard rumours that Nakhi Wells might be leaving Huddersfield earlier. No mention of us but he would be an example of someone who's scored regularly at this level. But I'd rather go for the overseas market generally as better value generally.

waterhouse

Feb 22, 2009
somerset
Actually, I heard rumours that Nakhi Wells might be leaving Huddersfield earlier. No mention of us but he would be an example of someone who's scored regularly at this level. But I'd rather go for the overseas market generally as better value generally.
That in my opinion is a much bigger gamble than going for Akpom and Wells would be a lot more expensive.
I really can't see us spending massive on any player till we are in the prem.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
That in my opinion is a much bigger gamble than going for Akpom and Wells would be a lot more expensive.
I really can't see us spending massive on any player till we are in the prem.

I think we will spend big if necessary this season. Don't think Wells would be a huge gamble. Has scored regularly at this level for Huddersfield and I'm confident he would do if he signed for us. It's only a rumour that he's available and, if he is, I have no knowledge that we're in for him. It was just an example of someone who I think would do a good job, even if expensive.

It's the one thing we're really missing and I think we'll go for it rather than gambling on a young striker with a poor scoring record in his season on loan at this level.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
He has been at Arsenal since he was 6 years old some 14 years so they must see something in him. Short of a surprise signing from abroad I cannot see us signing anybody from England who is better unless spending millions, which I dont think that we will do. Had TB wanted to buy promotion he would have done it last January when we were ina good position to get his money back.

waterhouse

Feb 22, 2009
somerset
He has been at Arsenal since he was 6 years old some 14 years so they must see somethingn in him. Short of a surprise signing from abroad I cannot see us signing anybody from England who is better unless spending millions, which I dont think that we will do.
This

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Arsenal loanee if I remember correctly.

You do remember correctly. Played a few games on loan for us back in 1993/94. Had a couple more loan spells at Bristol City and Grimsby Town according to Wikipedia, then disappeared into non-league with Bishops Stortford, never to be seen again.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Arsenal loanee if I remember correctly.

Played along side Paul Dickov in a front pairing that sang 'heigh-ho heigh-ho it's off to work we go', every morning.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
I thought he looked very dangerous when he played in that U21 match, defo one for the future

ditchy

a man with a sound track record as a source of qua
Jul 8, 2003
brighton
Don't shoot the messenger.
But seeing as it has been very quiet on the rumour front, I have seen us linked with a move permanently for Chuba Akpom. What does everyone else think?
I think it would be a decent signing.
He's 21 in October and I think due to step up and have a decent season at our level.

Is he not the Labour MP for Streatham ::whistle:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here