Chuba Akpom signs on loan until the end of the season

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

JDMariner

Jan 30, 2017
Good old Sussex
I just hope whoever we bring in is the right fit in the changing room, without doubt the team spirit we have is key to the success we're having. No big time charlies required at this stage, just hard working committed players who fully buy in to the 'together' attitude our team has. If Akpom can add to that then I'm all for him...

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
Saw him get a hat-trick at the Amex for the U21s a couple of years ago. He was a handful.

No guarantee of course, but he has the attributes (pace, strength, finishing) to contribute. Needs to kick on in his career now, so he should have plenty of motivation.

PG

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I just find this idea that some on here seem to have (and again, not you), that Middlesbrough signed Rhodes, Middlesbrough got promoted therefore Rhodes was a successful signing is flawed logic.
Understood. To be honest, I think we could sign me and still get promoted, but such promotion certainly wouldn't be thanks to me.

Arsenal U23 played 2 games
Played 45 mins on 6th Jan Vs Derby
Played 76 mins on 16th Jan Vs Southampton

Didn't score in either game
Thanks.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I cannot believe all this rubbish spouted about Middlesbro points rate before and after signing Rhodes irrespective of anything else he scored the goals to secure the points which took them up the rest is totally immaterial. If Akpom does the same I will be very happy even if it is only 3 or 5 goals.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
I cannot believe all this rubbish spouted about Middlesbro points rate before and after signing Rhodes irrespective of anything else he scored the goals to secure the points which took them up the rest is totally immaterial. If Akpom does the same I will be very happy even if it is only 3 or 5 goals.

Blimey BG, if he gets 5goals I'll be dancing on air!

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Well there we have it, Baldocks back up. Hopefully everyone can relax now and stop all the bed wetting. Unless of course you were deluded enough to think there was a 10million marquee signing on the way, then carry on...

I'm sure you're a nice guy but that read like you're a pompous tw*t.

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
Any meat to this yet?

Albion are interested in Arsenal striker Chuba Akpom.

The 21-year-old is one of the players on the Seagulls' target list as they try to add to their attacking options before the transfer window shuts tomorrow night.

Akpom has made one appearance for the Gunners this season, in the League Cup against Nottingham Forest.

He already has plenty of loan experience in the Championship, with promoted Hull last season (below) and prior to that Nottingham Forest, as well as in League One with Brentford and Coventry.

England under-21 international Akpom resumed full training earlier this month after a back injury had sidelined him since September.

He scored a hat-trick for Arsenal's under-21s against Albion at the Amex in December 2014 (below) and came on for the last 20 minutes of their 3-2 FA Cup win against the Seagulls a month later.

http://www.theargus.co.uk/sport/15057341.Arsenal_striker_on_Albion_s_radar/

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
Albion are interested in Arsenal striker Chuba Akpom.

The 21-year-old is one of the players on the Seagulls' target list as they try to add to their attacking options before the transfer window shuts tomorrow night.

Akpom has made one appearance for the Gunners this season, in the League Cup against Nottingham Forest.

He already has plenty of loan experience in the Championship, with promoted Hull last season (below) and prior to that Nottingham Forest, as well as in League One with Brentford and Coventry.

England under-21 international Akpom resumed full training earlier this month after a back injury had sidelined him since September.

He scored a hat-trick for Arsenal's under-21s against Albion at the Amex in December 2014 (below) and came on for the last 20 minutes of their 3-2 FA Cup win against the Seagulls a month later.

http://www.theargus.co.uk/sport/15057341.Arsenal_striker_on_Albion_s_radar/

He's had a medical confirmed by two different sauces, including Sky.

Thankyee both.

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
If he scores 5 goals will that mean he is the reason we went up?

Either way do we care...... and that's about OUR team. All this Rhodes stuff seems rather odd as they must have had 35 players play that year. Maybe whoever would have played instead of him would have scored 105 goals not 5 and got them up a few weeks earlier. Maybe the other players would have passed him the ball more or less often and he'd have controlled it a different way or shot sooner or later. We seriously will never know. He's a good player and they went up after having a massive points lead. Let's hope we do even better than they did by doing it OUR way. Seems to be working so far.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
If he scores 5 goals will that mean he is the reason we went up?

Either way do we care...... and that's about OUR team. All this Rhodes stuff seems rather odd as they must have had 35 players play that year. Maybe whoever would have played instead of him would have scored 105 goals not 5 and got them up a few weeks earlier. Maybe the other players would have passed him the ball more or less often and he'd have controlled it a different way or shot sooner or later. We seriously will never know. He's a good player and they went up after having a massive points lead. Let's hope we do even better than they did by doing it OUR way. seems to be working so far.

That is all conjecture and perhaps but what he did is fact irrespective of the reasons for or against. However we have taken a different route so it doesnt matter now,

rinswun

Sep 28, 2010
Really surprised by this. It's no secret that he's a massive Bertie Big Bollocks, with a questionable attitude. Seems like a risk to throw that sort of attitude into a close knit squad. Also, he's really not very good.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports