Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Chuba Akpom signs on loan until the end of the season

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Wasn't it the Mirror that reported Stockdale to Chelsea as well ?

Yes, but the wording is completely different. The Stockdale article says, 'interest' and 'could look at' which doesn't indicate a deal being agreed, or finalised, which the Akpom report does.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
I have no idea if he is any good or not.

I'd like to think so, being at Arsenal, fingers crossed...

I watched Arsenal reserves take Southampton apart last saturday - 0-5. He wasn't playing, though, because they had such people returning from injury or on the fringe of the first team as Walcott and Oxlade-Chamberlain!!

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Horrendous attitude at hull and brentford aparantly reading through their forums. In saying that the kid has undoubtable talent.worth a pop off the bench. Let's just hope he's not another jay Simpson for frimpong...

Shins

Aug 13, 2015
Good option to have if he signs. Played lots of games at this level, not many goals but someone else mentioned he often played on the wing in a dull Hull team. He had an excellent pre season with Arsenal if I remember correctly and if they didn't rate him highly he would have gone on loan in the summer.

Clive Walker

Stand Or Fall
Jul 5, 2011
Brighton
BREAKING: Can confirm Arsenal striker Chuba Akpom is one of several players Albion are interested in. Nothing tied up yet. #bhafc
From naylor

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
England Under 21/23's striker with some experience of first team football around our level. Done.

Looked decent the couple times saw him but not very recent. Hull mate says he wasn't played as a proper striker, also decent but nothing special. Fingers crossed he will come on when used correctly :)

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
would at a stroke become our most followed player on Twitter.
A hefty 227K followers...Next is Shane Duffy on 90K

and double that on that Instagram. 425K fans.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Given Bruce wanted him back at Villa probably indicates he brings a load to the team other than goalscoring. Sounds exactly like Baldock. Job done for me.

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015
69 appearances for 5 different clubs,... he only scored 7, all for Hull in 2015/16

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
Strikes me that he wouldn't have been first on our list of targets but I'm not disappointed. I think he's more than capable of filing in for Baldock, as well as offering a bit more depth in wide attacking positions.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
chuba.jpg

Rowdey

Jul 7, 2003
Herne Hill
Horrendous attitude at hull and brentford aparantly reading through their forums. In saying that the kid has undoubtable talent.worth a pop off the bench. Let's just hope he's not another jay Simpson for frimpong...

This. Graham Courtney who is TS's reporter up there, said the same thing the other week, with HFC wanting him out and gone.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here