Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Christmas tips?

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
Pretend you like each and every present you receive despite thinking they are useless/shit.

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
Ah! Gratuities, not tips for Christmas........................ No! Ba humbug.

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
Tip the dustman £5,because we get the same guy most weeks and he is always pleasant and helpful.
Do not tip the postman because we seem to get a different one each week(or even each day!)Have had dreadful service with a lot of wrong mail being delivered in our road and there are only 6 dwellings!Never seemed to get a Saturday delivery until I made a complaint.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Anyone still give or get Christmas tips? Tip the dustman each Christmas not sure many people still do?

Tip the paperboy, hairdresser, taxi drivers, buy booze for clients and staff, but the dustmen? No hope. The last bastion of left wing strikers who repeatedly hold this city to ransom. Harumph and humbug!

Ludensian Gull

Apr 18, 2009
Thorpness Suffolk
Tip the dustmen because our dog always sits and waits for them , when they arrive they all stop & make a fuss of him then give him a chew .

centurion40

Sep 8, 2012
Anyone still give or get Christmas tips? Tip the dustman each Christmas not sure many people still do?

I left a tip for our dustmen, it was on a piece of paper and read "empty our bin properly you useless twats" I expect our level of service will be of a much higher level next year :whistle:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Mini got a large bar of chocolate from someone on his paper round yesterday

Durlston

NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Very generous. The binmen, paperboy, postman and milkman all get a tenner even though I've recently moved house. It's nice as they do their jobs in all types of weather.

Used to tip the bin men but since having a wheelie bin that you have to wheel to the end of the garden they can f*** off.

Postman can f*** off, he's a Palace fan, but even if he wasn't he can still f*** off, useless twats.

Don't buy a paper.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Handed a card and £10 to the binman today and wished him all the best. The refuse collectors do a great job in my view and never moan if I put the odd bag of garden waste out as well so I have no complaints. I didn't get the impression, however, that many people had tipped them. Tight sods. Don't usually bother with the postman since it's always someone different.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
I do my job. Can I have a tip?

Depends what you do in my humble opinion and the level of your salary. People who perform essential, low paid jobs that many people don't want or won't do will always get my vote.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here