Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[TV] Christmas telly FFS!!

SAC

May 21, 2014
I have never watched it but seen clips and can't imagine enjoying watching Mrs Brown's Boys. However something like 9 million people will tune in making it probably the most watched thing on Christmas Day so you can see why it is on. As others have said, don't turn on or tune into one of the other (many) channels.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
There's plenty wrong with a guy getting his mrs to dress up as a school boy for fun.

When I was told the Krankies were actually husband and wife, and that "wee Jimmy" was a fully grown adult woman, that absolutely BLEW my tender adolescent mind. It was up there with finding out that Boy George was a bloke.

Confusing times.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
I have never watched it but seen clips and can't imagine enjoying watching Mrs Brown's Boys. However something like 9 million people will tune in making it probably the most watched thing on Christmas Day so you can see why it is on. As others have said, don't turn on or tune into one of the other (many) channels.

Yep. Bizarre thing to be bleating about I reckon.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
What ?

It was only after he died that I realised that Freddie Mercury was gay. I just thought he was flamboyant.

Likewise :lolol:

I also had no idea George Michael was gay during his Wham and Faith days. But then most blokes wore more eyeliner and hairspray than the women back then, so it was quite hard to tell, to be fair.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
TV's for 'tards, let there be music and much merriment

IMG_0091.JPG

Stuart Munday

Jul 6, 2003
Saltdean
How can anybody moan about Christmas TV, personally I cant wait for the following-

The Best Christmas Food Ever.

This regular 45-minute cooking show brings together two top chefs and a celebrity guest as they serve up three recipes worthy of the Christmas table, guests include Debbie McGee, Christopher Biggins and Love Actually star Martine McCutcheon.

All Together Now Celebrities.

A group of famous faces – not exactly known for their singing abilities – will be hoping to make an impact on the 100 music industry experts. But who will succeed in getting the most on their feet and singing along?The likes of Gemma Collins, Chris Kamara, Alison Hammond, Laurie Brett, Ben Foden, Amber Davies, Omid Djalili, Sara Pascoe and Tyger Drew-Honey will be hoping to impress the 100 with their singing skills.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I can't see what the problem is. 9 m people love this show so why deprive them of the enjoyment when you have about 400 other channels to watch ?It is not great but not as bad as some people make out. I might watch it, I might not but am not going to apologise to nsc if I do. Merry Xmas

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
go to North Korea and watch their Christmas TV - highlight is "the best rants of Kim Jong Un."

Each to their own, of course, but I can personally state that I'd sooner watch a rolling hour-long loop containing highlights of the Dear Leader and the Great Successor discussing the triumphant development of a nuclear defence strategy for the Democratic People's Republic than fifteen minutes of Mrs Brown's Boys.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
PS: I know the Dear Leader is long dead, but he recorded it before he died and they play it every Christmas in Pyongyang. It's their Morecambe & Wise.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I assume that "Its a Wonderful Life", "The Snowman" and "The Great Escape" will be on somewhere. That'll do for me.

And Mary Poppins on New Years Day, hopefully :clap2:

pearl

May 3, 2016
Behind My Eyes
What’s on telly at Christmas just doesn’t ever feature in my thoughts. So many other fun things to enjoy!

I look forward to how I’m gonna hate being held captive with my extended family, or how I’m gonna avoid a brisk Boxing Day walk to somewhere sh1t full of w@nkers.

Oh I remember those days :xmas: :cheery: :catfight:

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
I assume that "Its a Wonderful Life", "The Snowman" and "The Great Escape" will be on somewhere. That'll do for me.

The Snowman is on C4. Its a Wonderful Life and The Great Escape are definitely on Sky's film / on demand / channels. No confirmation that they will be anywhere else yet.
Full schedules aren't announced until end of next week.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here