Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Christmas Nocturnalism

Madafwo

I'm probably being facetious.
Nov 11, 2013
Despite not having to work my night shifts over Christmas I can't help but stay up later and later after the shifts beforehand.

Got a 12 hour shift on Boxing Day though finishing 6 and a half hours before kick off on the 27th. The East Upper will possibly be louder than normal, unfortunately probably because of my snoring.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Watched Rogue one, so i came home and watched a new hope. Just about to watch TESB. Lovely stuff. I find a few drinks help me get back into a routine of an early night.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
The Christmas break gets longer and longer for some people. Met a chap recently, who finished on the 16th Dec and goes back to work on 9th Jan. Thats nearly a month!!! He's not going away anywhere so what the hell do you find to do for that length of time?
Being self-employed, I will finish on Dec 23rd and go back on Wed 28th Dec. Thats plenty long enough for me. Four days....short, sharp and sweet....not much switching off....3 days work to top up the batteries before another little three day break over New Year. Back on Jan 3rd and work through to Easter.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
The Christmas break gets longer and longer for some people. Met a chap recently, who finished on the 16th Dec and goes back to work on 9th Jan. Thats nearly a month!!! He's not going away anywhere so what the hell do you find to do for that length of time?
Being self-employed, I will finish on Dec 23rd and go back on Wed 28th Dec. Thats plenty long enough for me. Four days....short, sharp and sweet....not much switching off....3 days work to top up the batteries before another little three day break over New Year. Back on Jan 3rd and work through to Easter.

Pretty much the same here! Next break April 10th, think I might go on strike!

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
If you're a bloke north of 35, you've either already been there, or its IMMINENT.
Yes yes it is.

I think you've missed the "me" time definition where you get to play on your phone at around 3am, safe in the knowledge that you won't be disturbed, perhaps on one of the many marvellous websites that are purveyors of high quality gang bangs and threesomes.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Yes yes it is.

I think you've missed the "me" time definition where you get to play on your phone at around 3am, safe in the knowledge that you won't be disturbed, perhaps on one of the many marvellous websites that are purveyors of high quality gang bangs and threesomes.

Yogavixens on Twitter. The media tab on that is something to behold. :thumbsup:

You're welcome.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
If you are lucky enough to have an extended break over the Christmas/New Year period do you find you start drifting towards nocturnalism, in that you go to bed later and later, and then get up later and later?

Those classic films and recordings of stand-up shows that get used as late night fillers won't watch themselves.

If it wasn't for family, and I was truly left to my own devices, I'm certain I would be fully nocturnal shortly after the New Year.

Probably just as well you will be up late given that your new milkman may be "delivering" late too!!

Stumpy Tim

Yes yes it is.

One of those popped up as one of my most frequently used websites on my Samsung the other day. Oops

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Noticed this at my workplace too. Can't imagine why you'd have three weeks off in December when you could have three weeks off in July :shrug:

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
If you are lucky enough to have an extended break over the Christmas/New Year period do you find you start drifting towards nocturnalism, in that you go to bed later and later, and then get up later and later?

Those classic films and recordings of stand-up shows that get used as late night fillers won't watch themselves.

If it wasn't for family, and I was truly left to my own devices, I'm certain I would be fully nocturnal shortly after the New Year.

We have an 18 year old back in the house, returned from his first term away at University. 'Bedtime' has been stretched out towards what he is now used to , yet I'm still at work this week (and on 28 and 29th).

I'm existing on coffee and chocolate.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
They'll be buried in this little lot:

View attachment 80416

I'll get round to them around 4:37am one night over the next week.

Christ on a bike. And to think, I get a slight frisson of excitement when I log on and see my notifications have nudged north from the (inexplicably) perennial "1" to "2"

:down:

Holy shit :lol:

:dunce:

IMG_2006.PNG

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Christ on a bike. And to think, I get a slight frisson of excitement when I log on and see my notifications have nudged north from the (inexplicably) perennial "1" to "2"

:down:

I also have that perennial "1" for some reason.
I get even fewer notifications now that I've turned off the thumbs.

Rod Marsh

Aug 9, 2013
Sussex
We basically all become students for a few days.
1. Eat loads of crap food
2. Drink too much
3. Sleep funny hours
4. Have little sense of what day it is

I really struggle around the 28th to 30th as I really have no idea what is going on. I have an 8 year old son and 6 yr old twin daughters and it is them who keep me in some sort of routine because otherwise I stop functioning as a human.

Points 1-4 are my life :)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here