[Misc] Christmas Lights

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Maybe somebody just wants a bit of joy amid a fairly shitty year.

I could see a lot of people doing it earlier than they normally would this year.

Only because people fear another national lockdown over Christmas...

Can you imagine the carnage and panic buying at the shops if there was a remote possibility of that, again the old, vulnerable and low paid would be hardest hit. Hope it does not come to that, I think it is fair to say everyone has had a pretty horrible time of it this year, lots of tired, worried, people out there in desperate need of some good news, lets hope the US elections give us a glimmer of light...

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
The idea though of spending Christmas in lockdown with the Christmas TV schedules fills me with total dread. Mrs Browns boys et all.......

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
I agree with your sentiment, regarding Trump, but the prospect of incoming Biden hardly fills me with Christmas Cheer.

It's all relative I suppose.

I think many peoples hope on this is that Biden won't serve two terms allowing and paving the way for a young dynamic women to take charge.

Palacefinder General

Apr 5, 2019
Not normally a fan of going all out on Christmas and Christmas decorations etc ..The way I have always seen it is that there have always been so many better times throughout the year, Away games, Home games, Holidays, weekends away etc etc where as 2020 has put a stop to a lot of that I say let go all out this year - Lets have Sussex lit up and shinning bright !!!

And all the committed Christians on here celebrating the birth of Jesus by putting up their lights, trees and festive decorations going to church of course...

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
I think many peoples hope on this is that Biden won't serve two terms allowing and paving the way for a young dynamic women to take charge.

Shame they went for Karmala Harris then.

Dynamic she's not. Look up her thoughts on Healthcare - clear as mud.

The Democrats have had four years to come up with decent candidates and they end up with Biden and Harris. Both poor.

They will win - thank goodness - and quite comfortably, but she's certainly no President in waiting.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
And all the committed Christians on here celebrating the birth of Jesus by putting up their lights, trees and festive decorations going to church of course...

The Puritan church actually banned Christmas in 1700s

Another Pagan celebration stolen and adapted to fit into the Christian narrative, utter bullshit.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Shame they went for Karmala Harris then.

Dynamic she's not. Look up her thoughts on Healthcare - clear as mud.

The Democrats have had four years to come up with decent candidates and they end up with Biden and Harris. Both poor.

They will win - thank goodness - and quite comfortably, but she's certainly no President in waiting.

I don't pretend to know much about American politics, but anything is better than Trump at the moment, that is not saying much.

The people who actually came out well in the pandemic in my view are Mayor London Breed in San Fran & Andrew Cuomo governor of New York are according to some awful, so who knows....

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports