Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Brighton] Christmas light displays on peoples houses .

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
I never have had Christmas lights up outside any house I’ve lived in, prefer having mine on the inside so we can see them, I’m not paying to light up the road :smile:
I often wonder if anyone has fallen off a ladder when putting up lights up outside a house

Rambo

Don't Push me
Jul 8, 2003
Worthing/Vietnam
IMG_8249.png

The true cost of Christmas Vacation Lights

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Before I left the UK in 1982 Christmas lights were things you could see through net curtains, discrete, almost demure. Christmas 82 was spent in Vancouver where the North American habit was outside lights (and some people left them up and on for months).

I thought it was absolutely magical. I have no reason to change my mind.

1702495896791.png

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
There's quite a big Christmas light display on a house near the west end of Bulkington Avenue, Worthing. They are raising money for the RNLI ..... this is incredibly ironic as the money spent on electricity that powers the lights is causing the greenhouse gas increasing global warming that is slowly causing the sea level rises which leads to the submergence of islands of The Seycelles which will need their own version of the RNLI !
...Top tip, don't spaff ££££' s on lights and electricity, just give direct to a needy cause.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
There's quite a big Christmas light display on a house near the west end of Bulkington Avenue, Worthing. They are raising money for the RNLI ..... this is incredibly ironic as the money spent on electricity that powers the lights is causing the greenhouse gas increasing global warming that is slowly causing the sea level rises which leads to the submergence of islands of The Seycelles which will need their own version of the RNLI !
...Top tip, don't spaff ££££' s on lights and electricity, just give direct to a needy cause.
Switch your phones off too😉

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
There is a row of three houses in my street in complete darkness. Mine is the middle one.

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
Not been there for a few years but Orchard Close Southwick (off Manor Hall Rd) used to have every house done up in Christmas lights and looked really nice, probably around 25 houses.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here