Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Food] Christmas dinner

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Interested in creative minds here, so if you're having turkey for dinner there is no need to reply.

What have you got lined up as an alternative?

I'm on pork this year (steady) because I love crackling. NO SPROUTS!

Surprisingly easy to opt out of the :xmas: BS completely.

Just say no, kidz :nono:

Choose life!

Chose Netflix! :thumbsup:

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
I'm not going to be bullied. Turkey and sprouts for me. If you don't know how to make turkey both delicious and mouthwatering moist, then more fool you.

Yeah but what if you're a veggy or just don't like turkey, the meat not the country, whole different story? Surely we can be creative with our festive meal?

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Same as last year i expect , a nice tin of alphabetti spaghetti on two lightly toasted bits of mothers pride .

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
One of these for us :
15668_1.jpg

Vankleek Hill Seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Vankleek Hill, actually....
After a 3pm viewing of "The Last Jedi" at the VIP cinema, the wife and I will be polishing off a large Butter Chicken pizza and Cinnaparts from Pizza Hut, a bottle of Lucente whilst binge watching the first season of "The Grand Tour" on Amazon Prime. :thumbsup:

We're doing Christmas dinner on Boxing Day.

Last edited:

KVLT

Sep 15, 2008
Rutland
I was overjoyed to find that I can now buy Jamaican patties in my town the other day, so as I'm on my own I shall be going large on them for my Xmas dinner.

:O

boik

When the kids were teenagers we let them choose for a few years. We had home made christmas pizzas one year. Chinese banquet another year and and Indian extravaganza the last year. Really enjoyed it. Always had xmas pud to follow though!

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
We are having traditional turkey but wife is roasting a gammon in cider and honey then taking it up to sons for Christmas dinner. 17 of us. Trouble is sons mother in law is Irish so his wife has been brought up with the family to have mashed potato with their roast potatoes and roast dinner plus sweetcorn which I find strange. I suppose that it is really no different to those who have Yorkshire Puddings with every meat instead of only with beef as is traditional.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
We are having traditional turkey but wife is roasting a gammon in cider and honey then taking it up to sons for Christmas dinner. 17 of us. Trouble is sons mother in law is Irish so his wife has been brought up with the family to have mashed potato with their roast potatoes and roast dinner plus sweetcorn which I find strange. I suppose that it is really no different to those who have Yorkshire Puddings with every meat instead of only with beef as is traditional.

I used to use a pub in Camden when I lived there for Sunday roast, all properly home made and possibly the best outside of my own mums roasts. Irish pub, trying desperately to remember its name... Cobden Arms! Anyway, Irish pub so mashed potato and roasties, I always asked them for mine without the mash, still don't get the reasoning behind this.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I used to use a pub in Camden when I lived there for Sunday roast, all properly home made and possibly the best outside of my own mums roasts. Irish pub, trying desperately to remember its name... Cobden Arms! Anyway, Irish pub so mashed potato and roasties, I always asked them for mine without the mash, still don't get the reasoning behind this.

It's not just the Irish - my Brummie acquaintances (not a trace of Irish in the family tree) also insist on mashed potato as well as roast spuds. Weird - frankly, there's enough vegetables in a roast dinner (especially traditionally OTT Christmas dinners!) without having to cope with two lots of spuds as well!

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Pork salted, sprigs of rosemary and bay leaves with garlic added, all ready for the off :smile:

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Me and the wife will be getting stuck in to a never ending supply of M & S buffet party food t/o the whole day, cannot wait, so bored of Roast Dinners

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England

We used to have sweetcorn mixed with the peas and mash too + a different stuffing for each meat of which there were at least 3

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I haven't decided on mine yet. It depends on several factors: firstly, what jobs I get sent to at the time, secondly, which- if any- petrol stations will be open in the vicinity, and thirdly, whether I can be arsed to drive back to the office and cook (well, microwave) anything, or whether I fancy the sandwich & crisps in the car option.

Decisions, decisions.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
I haven't decided on mine yet. It depends on several factors: firstly, what jobs I get sent to at the time, secondly, which- if any- petrol stations will be open in the vicinity, and thirdly, whether I can be arsed to drive back to the office and cook (well, microwave) anything, or whether I fancy the sandwich & crisps in the car option.

Decisions, decisions.

Rustlers Cheeseburger it is my lovely and thank you for your service to the community!!

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
TINY. And all that fat will never cook my spuds. :lolol:
a3eee3246467514dfdad5fbfc15d0670.jpg
3254e8037852a82e4a9dc6d90e5c371d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here