Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Offers] Christmas Day Presents

When do you open your Christmas Presents?

• Christmas Morning

• After Christmas Lunch

• Christmas Night

Results are only viewable after voting.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
When do you open yours?

???

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
If I am in company and actually doing Christmas as such, it’ll be morning with bacon sarnies and cups of tea.

If, as is the case this year, I’m not bothering with Christmas as I’m working the entire period, I’ll open them when they come through the door.

Although this year I have asked people not to send anything. I make it clear that as far as I’m concerned Christmas is not happening, I send no presents, Christmas wishes, etc. I don’t want to know. Unless I’m off work and then it’s Ho Ho Ho and away we go! I’ll go the whole nine yards .

This year, it can pass me by. Hopefully unnoticed.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
If I am in company and actually doing Christmas as such, it’ll be morning with bacon sarnies and cups of tea.

If, as is the case this year, I’m not bothering with Christmas as I’m working the entire period, I’ll open them when they come through the door.

Although this year I have asked people not to send anything. I make it clear that as far as I’m concerned Christmas is not happening, I send no presents, Christmas wishes, etc. I don’t want to know. Unless I’m off work and then it’s Ho Ho Ho and away we go! I’ll go the whole nine yards .

This year, it can pass me by. Hopefully unnoticed.
that is a tad sad Mr Clamp, are you still in the care system job, or did you manage to move jobs ?
I am sure you mentioned it a while ago.

I can understand why some will try and ignore it, if they are working it is easier to deal with, if you are not actively participating in it so to speak.
Not a big fan of Christmas myself, it brings undue pressure from work and people wanting to move into new builds the friday before brings extra pressure at work, I never understand. Extra pressure at home with family, gifts and special food, over indulgence. I can do without it to be honest, and the fact I am not a religious person, so think it is hypocritical of me to celebrate something I have no connection too.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
that is a tad sad Mr Clamp, are you still in the care system job, or did you manage to move jobs ?
I am sure you mentioned it a while ago.

I can understand why some will try and ignore it, if they are working it is easier to deal with, if you are not actively participating in it so to speak.
Not a big fan of Christmas myself, it brings undue pressure from work and people wanting to move into new builds the friday before brings extra pressure at work, I never understand. Extra pressure at home with family, gifts and special food, over indulgence. I can do without it to be honest, and the fact I am not a religious person, so think it is hypocritical of me to celebrate something I have no connection too.

I suppose it may seem a little sad. I really don’t view it as such though. I have some good Christmas’s but if I’m working it’s easier to forget about it.

Regarding my work, I got another job that I do on Friday and Saturday nights I used that as leverage and negotiated a pretty good pay rise so I do four nights a week in the supported accommodation. Also the company I work for in those houses is likely to lose the tender very soon so we’ll get TUPE’d over to a better company with another pay-rise.

On Friday and Saturday nights I work in partnership with Sussex police as part of a patrol that operates 8pm - 4am. We focus mainly on making sure vulnerable females in the night time economy get home safely, especially when intoxicated. Making sure they aren’t receiving unwanted attention from males and that they have a plan to get home etc.
We can take them to Safe Space, contact friends or family, get them into a cab etc
We also deal with anyone needing help, medical assistance, dealing with aggression or domestic violence etc, people self harming, going into the water, fights etc.
Basically anything that we come across or get directed to. It’s well funded by the police and we get top kit, stab vests, radios, bodyworn cctv etc.
Freshers week recently was crazy.

It’s very hectic and challenging but I love it. So I’ll be in the houses over Christmas and out on patrol over New Year.

I hope your work goes okay over Christmas and you get to enjoy some of it.

I’ll be taking next year off and getting stuck into some serious cheeses and Malbecs!

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
Swanny will be here soon to tell you the woes of Christmas as a child in Sweden.

They make you wait for Father Christmas to KNOCK ON YOUR DOOR at some point in the afternoon and dish out the presents in your living room. He always seems to come when Dad has nipped down the shop to get the papers which is odd....

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
I suppose it may seem a little sad. I really don’t view it as such though. I have some good Christmas’s but if I’m working it’s easier to forget about it.

Regarding my work, I got another job that I do on Friday and Saturday nights I used that as leverage and negotiated a pretty good pay rise so I do four nights a week in the supported accommodation. Also the company I work for in those houses is likely to lose the tender very soon so we’ll get TUPE’d over to a better company with another pay-rise.

On Friday and Saturday nights I work in partnership with Sussex police as part of a patrol that operates 8pm - 4am. We focus mainly on making sure vulnerable females in the night time economy get home safely, especially when intoxicated. Making sure they aren’t receiving unwanted attention from males and that they have a plan to get home etc.
We can take them to Safe Space, contact friends or family, get them into a cab etc
We also deal with anyone needing help, medical assistance, dealing with aggression or domestic violence etc, people self harming, going into the water, fights etc.
Basically anything that we come across or get directed to. It’s well funded by the police and we get top kit, stab vests, radios, bodyworn cctv etc.
It’s very hectic and challenging but I love it. So I’ll be in the houses over Christmas and out on patrol over New Year.

I hope your work goes okay over Christmas and you get to enjoy some of it.

I’ll be taking next year off and getting stuck into some serious cheeses and Malbecs!
Thanks,

Forgive me, I did not mean or intend for it to mean you are sad, I meant that it is sad sometimes when folk have to put there head down and get on with it, during Christmas when the vast majority of folk are "celebrating"

Can I thank you for the work you do, You are a better man than me, doing a worthwhile and thankless for the most part job. Having had an experience of an ex partner who was raped, a wife who was driven to a desolate area of Detroit (by a "taxi" driver) and held at knife point (she has a scar to prove it) , before she escaped and now a young daughter to worry about, you do an amazing job.

A really big thank you for all you do.

Martin

Last edited:

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Thanks,

Forgive me, I did not mean or intend for it mean you are sad, I meant that it is sad sometimes when folk have to put there head down and get on with it, during Christmas when the vast majority of folk are "celebrating"

Can I thank you for the work you do, You are a better than me, doing a worthwhile and thankless for the most part job. Having had an experience of an ex partner who was raped, a wife who was driven to a desolate area of Detroit and held at knife point, before she escaped and now a young daughter to worry about, you do an amazing job.

A really big thank you for all you do.

Martin
Wow, thank you. That’s made my day.
And I took your post in the right way, I know you weren’t calling me sad.

Yep, some of things that happen to young women are frightening. We frequently come across predators.
Men who specifically wait for substance affected females to become separated form fiends or lose their way. We can’t help everyone but our highly visible presence and intervention has reduced attacks, street robberies and violence against women and girls dramatically in the 3 months since we started. I’m very proud of what we as a team do and so your words are very appreciated.

I do have a night off tonight and am having a pre-Christmas drink out with mates, so I’m not a total Scrooge 😂

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton
Presents from Santa... first thing in the morning... whilst drinking champers

Main pressies after xmas dinner.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here