• Other/Ruel Fox

Votes: 4 4.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
If you're having turkey sandwiches for Christmas Day breakfast then your Christmas is weird.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Full English.

Dad makes a fantastic gut-buster of a breakfast. Sets us all up nicely for the day's drinking and napping.
100% agree, me and Mrs Crodo will be tucking into a full english with all the trimmings, fried bread, eggs 3 ways, sausage, bacon the lot and washed down with a bottle of best prosecco, perfect start to the days proceedings and keeps hunger locked up till lunch at high noon.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
If you're having turkey sandwiches for Christmas Day breakfast then your Christmas is weird.
I would suggest anyone who celebrities "Christmas" based on Sextus Julius Africanus Theory the date is based on due to Marys conception as the 25th March (the same date upon which he believed the world was created), which, after nine months in his mother's womb, would result in the 25th of December as "Jebus's Birthday" is somewhat weird as well.

wuntbedruv

Imagine
Mar 18, 2022
North West Sussex
I would suggest anyone who celebrities "Christmas" based on Sextus Julius Africanus Theory the date is based on due to Marys conception as the 25th March (the same date upon which he believed the world was created), which, after nine months in his mother's womb, would result in the 25th of December as "Jebus's Birthday" is somewhat weird as well.
If you are going to be technical, surely the Julien Calender messed with the original date way before Pope Gregory XIII stuck his boot in.

Reactions: A1X

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
If you are going to be technical, surely the Julien Calender messed with the original date way before Pope Gregory XIII stuck his boot in.
I hear you, it is all bollox and not something I look forward too or celebrate and my daughter knows all about it.
Plus the Easter bunny was originally an Osterhase another Germanic pagan tradition stolen/ adopted to pacify the locals.

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
In my younger, free and single days, it was usually a good fry up to neutralise the previous evening’s alcoholic intake and to provide some ballast before going down the pub to celebrate, prior to Christmas lunch. Nowadays, it is my usual Oatibix, fruit and Greek yogurt plus mug of tea. Later on I will have some toast and coffee. Sad really, but the old body can no longer take a bashing.😰😂

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Champagne and Stollen

None of my family are fat bastards :lolol:

Maybe alcoholics though…

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
So only just over a month now to the big day and preparations being honed including the cornerstone to a working mans day and the vital fuel for a full day ahead, Christmas Day Breakfast.

So what are you planning??
I'm planning on getting a life

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
I hear you, it is all bollox and not something I look forward too or celebrate and my daughter knows all about it.
Plus the Easter bunny was originally an Osterhase another Germanic pagan tradition stolen/ adopted to pacify the locals.
and christmas just reappropriates northern european Yuletide, and Roman Saturnalia. both festivals of feasting, so crack on and enjoy it.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Fry-up for me, my husband will be following his family tradition of pork pie and coleslaw with a glass of sherry.

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
Depends which family we are Christmasing with.
If the in laws then Christmas lunch will be on the table between 1 and 2 so a continental brekkie will be sufficient.
If my side they are all unwilling and incapable of serving the main meal until 5 at the very earliest, past 7 quite likely. So Eggs Royale with a full English and the continental options at minimum.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Depends which family we are Christmasing with.
If the in laws then Christmas lunch will be on the table between 1 and 2 so a continental brekkie will be sufficient.
If my side they are all unwilling and incapable of serving the main meal until 5 at the very earliest, past 7 quite likely. So Eggs Royale with a full English and the continental options at minimum.
Christmas Dinner should always be served from high noon imho.

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
Probably poached eggs on sourdough bread spinach , smoked salmon. But I eat that quite often for breakfast so it’s not really a special Xmas thing .

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here