• Other/Ruel Fox

Votes: 1 8.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Seems very sadly they are declining in popularity and being replaced by 'e-cards' sent by email but you can't beat a physical christmas card personally. Mrs Crodo and I still send cards to all our family and friends across the country and the Commonwealth, we always send a portrait of the two of us from a special moment in the last year but I know other themes are very popular, so what style of xmas cards do you generally go for??

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
Send a fraction of the cards I use to - now just to a few work colleagues and close family. As long as they are charity cards, recycled and recyclable (ie no glitter) then not too bothered but prefer artisan designs not Robins sitting on pillar boxes or boring churches in the snow. Christmas cards are generally a complete rip off, bad for the environment and postage extortionate (even if RM do manage to get them there on time - which will be doubtful this year).

Last edited:

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Seems very sadly they are declining in popularity and being replaced by 'e-cards' sent by email but you can't beat a physical christmas card personally. Mrs Crodo and I still send cards to all our family and friends across the country and the Commonwealth, we always send a portrait of the two of us from a special moment in the last year but I know other themes are very popular, so what style of xmas cards do you generally go for??

A you a member of the Royal Family or is it the Royle Family?

In answer to your question, we give what we would have spent on cards and postage to charity.

But if I did send one.........
Capture.PNG

Last edited:

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Charles and Camilla ‘revealing’ their Christmas card today really makes you realise how ridiculous and out of touch they are, how ridiculous the whole concept of the monarchy really is in 2022...or was in any other year/century.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
I'm still traumatised by this Xmas card and therefore avoid them. Still dunno where Cherie's left hand is:

View attachment 154648
Two of my fave people actually!

Back to Christmas cards, and with the cost of living crisis etc. the wife & l feel bad about splashing out money on sending cards to all and sundry, immediate family and friends that we see plenty of throughout the year will have to forego their annual card from us, and we are just concentrating on carding those that we are able to see little of.

Let's face it l think many of us spend time and amoney on sending cards not only to family and friends, but to mere acquaintances that we only ever hear from when we receive a Christmas card from them, so our thinking is, especially in these hard times when for many people every penny counts, why bother?

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I send one to my Nan as she loves a card and makes her happy. But no others. More crap for landfill sites. Should be banned. Along with all other holiday tat. Crackers, Halloween shit etc.

Just wasteful, environmentally harmful, useless shit that’s enjoyed for about 30 seconds. Ban it.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
I send one to my Nan as she loves a card and makes her happy. But no others. More crap for landfill sites. Should be banned. Along with all other holiday tat. Crackers, Halloween shit etc.

Just wasteful, environmentally harmful, useless shit that’s enjoyed for about 30 seconds. Ban it.
Humbug!

Actually l agree with you, an awful lot of things should be banned when it comes to Christmas. It's nothing much more than a media led campaign to shell out stupid amounts of cash that they simply don't have for many of us.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
@crodonilson, what's happened to your strapline? Maudlin and with typographical errors. Are you having some sort of crisis? :down:

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
I give a card to the missus, and one to my parents...thats it.

Cant be done with sending them to all my workmates, friends, or extended family these days - as I know they'll just go into recycling or the bin within a few days or weeks. Complete waste of time and board.

My wife on the other hand spends a few evenings every December writing cards to everybody and anybody....

chickens

Intending to survive this time of asset strippers
NSC Patron
Oct 12, 2022
I generally seek out the most dreadful I can find as a point of personal honour. My family can look forward to receiving this beauty at Xmas (no variation will be involved, every single one of them will receive an identical card)

Attachments

• 84BD9A40-4B21-408A-A1B5-60C0E91C45D3.jpeg
    84BD9A40-4B21-408A-A1B5-60C0E91C45D3.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 22

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here