Christmas Break

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

imissworthing2

Mar 15, 2008
In the Valleys
Very bored thursday afternoon so I thought I'd plan something

Can anyone recommend a nice place to go for 3/4 nights in december. Dates most probably between the 19th and 23rd.

I quite fancy practising my german so any of the german speaking countries would be ideal but saying that I'm more than open to going somewhere else.

It'll be 2 adults and a nearly 3yr old going, looking to do the usually things people do on short breaks and most likely not one of the big cities because 3/4 days probably won't do it justice.

Over to you NSC

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Cologne is supposed to be a good place to visit around Christmas time, they have all the markets and of course ample opportunity to drink beer.

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
Somewhere like Prague or Copenhagen

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
Prague is awesome in winter - looks incredible when it has been snowing, and it's quite cheap too. Most places are within walking distance (although if you want to see the castle it's a bit of a trek simply due to the hill being quite steep) and the Christmas markets are really cool.

Copenhagen I can't give the same glowing recommendation to simply as I haven't been, but I've only heard good things about it from other people and if I get a chance I'm planning on going for a short break at some point next year

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Prague.

Lady Gull

Aug 6, 2011
West sussex
Blackburn's nice, on 22nd

My partners family live in Rochdale - his sister lives in Blackburn - we have never spent Xmas with the in laws but this year we are!!! They are delighted - but they don't really know the reason we are going was purely based on the Blackburn game - the only problem I have now is how to jump ship boxing day in time to make it back to the Amex for millwall. Partner says its rude to leave on boxing day? I want to go to the Amex but don't want to appear rude - dilemma?

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
Bruges... all the razz of Chrimbo markets added to stacks of great food/drink outlets ... picturesque and traditional

Last edited:

imissworthing2

Mar 15, 2008
In the Valleys
Bruce... all the razz of Chrimbo markets added to stacks of great food/drink outlets ... picturesque and traditional

I think we stayed nr Bruce on a previous holiday, found this lovely SMALL bar called the blue lagoon, heard of it?

Just spent the last hour or so googling Prague, it looks class and cheap. Pints of beer for about 70p. 5 star accomm starting at 50quid a night. We could have a winner :clap2:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I think we stayed nr Bruce on a previous holiday, found this lovely SMALL bar called the blue lagoon, heard of it?

Just spent the last hour or so googling Prague, it looks class and cheap. Pints of beer for about 70p. 5 star accomm starting at 50quid a night. We could have a winner :clap2:
You won't regret it.
Like much of central Europe they love a Christmas fayre.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports