Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Christian Walton on season long loan to Bury

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
No fault attributed to Christian, I assume?

No mention of him on the BBC report, I couldn't stick with Chl5 to see for myself.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
Didn't think you could blame Walton for either of the goals, first goal was pretty soft but poorly defended.

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
2-0 up Bury what happens next?
Bury miss a penalty
Oppo have made no subs, bury manager makes 2 on 71 mins, Swindon score 2 minutes later
THEN he does it again (still no subs for Swindon) makes 3rd sub on 81 & you've guessed it, Swindon equalise 2 mins later again
Shocking
Not sure about CW in the hands of this clown
(Nb I am talking through my pocket)

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Keith Patel;7002307 “Christian shows a great desire to keep the ball out of the net.[/QUOTE said:
Brilliant. An amazing spot by Bury.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
At fault for 3 of the four goals last night. Huge talent, but glad he's doing his learning at someone else's risk, despite what the goalkeeping experts on here thought.

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
At fault for 3 of the four goals last night. Huge talent, but glad he's doing his learning at someone else's risk, despite what the goalkeeping experts on here thought.

Fleetwood had 21 corners.

Forum doesn't seem to hurl abuse at him, definitely to blame for one goal.

They also call El ebd, El BAD.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Fleetwood had 21 corners.

Forum doesn't seem to hurl abuse at him, definitely to blame for one goal.

Good. Maybe they have less reactionary idiots on their's?

None of the goals came (directly) from those corners though. The problems were failures to deal with pretty tame, low crosses.

He's 19 years old - he'll inevitably have iffy games while he learns. Thinking about it I'm even more glad he's learning away from the worst of our fans.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Good. Maybe they have less reactionary idiots on their's?

None of the goals came (directly) from those corners though. The problems were failures to deal with pretty tame, low crosses.

He's 19 years old - he'll inevitably have iffy games while he learns. Thinking about it I'm even more glad he's learning away from the worst of our fans.

The low cross for the second was a bit of a howler.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Just watched the highlights of the game, first two were absolute clangers on his part. Don't know if going on loan to a club that concedes goals for fun is going to massively help his development.

Isn't it better for him to spend a season where he has to work hard as a goalkeeper every match then sitting behind a strong defence and only getting one or two saves a match.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Isn't it better for him to spend a season where he has to work hard as a goalkeeper every match then sitting behind a strong defence and only getting one or two saves a match.

Depends if it's affecting his confidence really.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
In a BIZARRE sort of way I think it can do some real good to go out and experience CONCEEDING goals.

Sure, at the time its probably horrendous. But what better to way to learn where you can improve?

It really would do no good to go out on loan, have 1 or 2 shots at you a game in a brilliant defensive unit and come away thinking you are the finished item.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here