Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Christian Santos

sdmartin1

Sep 23, 2008
It's not necessarily from the Dutch leagues, more the Dutch players we've signed. Thankfully Santos isn't Dutch.

True, but seem to recall Holla and Manu had decent stats in the Dutch league... Perhaps giving the perception that they were better players than they actually are.

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
Christian Robert Santos Kwasniewski (born 24 March 1988 in Puerto Ordaz) is a Venezuelan professional footballer who currently plays as a winger for NEC in the Dutch Eredivisie.

#prayforaspinall

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
You jest, but the club have a very impressive video that details both the history of the club and where we are now to prospective signings. I've seen it and it's great. I'm told it has been a big factor in getting players to talk to us who were otherwise dismissive of an "English second division team"...

That's a nice little detail to know, never put much thought into how the club sells itself (and the area). Wonder if it's something that's widely done.

Shame (but understandable) that it's not out there for public consumption though (presumably).

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
True, but seem to recall Holla and Manu had decent stats in the Dutch league... Perhaps giving the perception that they were better players than they actually are.

And neither appears to be cut out for the physicality of the Championship (though I appreciate, it's far too early to judge Manu, I'll at least wait until he's been taught the offside rule.)

brightonrock

Dodgy Hamstrings
Jan 1, 2008
I appreciate, it's far too early to judge Manu, I'll at least wait until he's been taught the offside rule.

This is the thing that annoys me the most about him. It's not that he's playing on the shoulder, looking along the line but mistiming the odd run - he's standing still, 5 or 6 yards offside, apparently oblivious to where the defenders are. He's so quick he doesn't even need to play too advanced, he can give most defenders a head start and still beat them. I know we're told he's struggling to settle in the UK but this is a fundamental basic that you're taught aged about 9 or 10. The rule is the same in Holland as it is here. Starting to wonder if he's another one of George Weah's cousins.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
That's a nice little detail to know, never put much thought into how the club sells itself (and the area). Wonder if it's something that's widely done.

Shame (but understandable) that it's not out there for public consumption though (presumably).
Here it is....

.....possibly.

:)

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
If we just sign one of the 3 South American forwards plus Knockhaert I'd be pleased. Bolanos my favourite but think this guy is more realistic

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here