Chris Wood

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

mune ni kamome

Jun 5, 2011
Worthing
I see Chris Wood got a run out with Brum for 68 minutes "blazed a chance wastefully over" This lad will come good one day when he's learnt his trade despite the naysayers on here. In years to come we may be saying "we missed a trick a with him once upon a time"

Kazenga <3

Test 805843
Feb 28, 2010
Team c/r HQ
I see Chris Wood got a run out with Brum for 68 minutes "blazed a chance wastefully over" This lad will come good one day when he's learnt his trade despite the naysayers on here. In years to come we may be saying "we missed a trick a with him once upon a time"

He was never our player though. If he does come properly good it won't be until he's around 24/25 as a striker I'd guess. Too long for us to wait had we bought him in the summer.

Samej

Banned
Apr 24, 2011

He was 3 foot off of the goal line and missed , he is 3rd rate from down under

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
I thought he did alright, he didn't look out of place in the Birmingham team.

CP 0 3 BHA

Nov 28, 2003
Northants
Shows how far we've come that Poyet lets him go back at the end of the season - and the much tipped Birmingham take him on and play him ....

Blondey69

Aug 11, 2011
goring-by-sea
at the end of the day he did score some curtial goals in the latter part of last season to help us win the league... but giving how young he is, give him time to develop... watch this space..

TottonSeagull

Mar 5, 2011
Totton (Nr Southampton)

Disagree totally, IMO he wasn't good enough for league 1 last year and if he hasn't shown he can play by now he never will. Can't agree with the "he is still young" lot. Good luck the lump at Birmingham but I think this says more about Birmingham's current plight then how good the ol lump is!

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Loving the 'distressed' effect on the BHA badge Totton.

I don't think we missed a trick with Wood, not slightly bothered that he's no longer with us.

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
Think that miss yesterday may have had something to do with him coming from 'down under' and mistaking how much 'up' he had to apply.

Seagull27

Feb 7, 2011
Bristol
He looked very lively in the Brum match on footy league show last night. I think a lot of people one here were quick to overlook the fact that he was only 18/19 when he played for us and will improve considerably over the next year or two. Expect to see him in the Premier League in a few years.

sjamesb3466

Jan 31, 2009
Leicester
Whilst he might be a good player to have in your squad for when you need someone massive up front to disrupt things, he would only ever be a bench player for me and only ever used as a player to try to make an impact and change the dynamic of a game. With the return of the 5 sub limit he is not worth it imho.

7:18

Brighton & Hove Albion
Aug 6, 2006
Brighton, England
He did the job we needed him to do, and while not excellent, did fairly well at League One level in an EXCELLENT set-up...best of luck to the boy

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
I do feel the abiding memory of him has been soured as his form dipped after his jaunt to China with NZL. I liked him and think he will be great in the future. We would have dubbed him 'The South Coast [insert name]' if he was a home grown player.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports