Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Chris Wood - Signs for Leeds

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
He's 23 (TWENTY THREE!) and already solid at Champ level. He's also a hold up striker rather than an out and out goal scorer, so shouldn't be judged purely on goal scoring record. He would've been a superb signing.
He was absolutely outstanding against us when playing for Millwall a couple of years ago. But then so was Liam Trotter the year before that, and he is proper mercurial.

My views are based on past reviews from fans of other clubs he has played for, couple with the evidence I have from my own eyes. I remain unconvinced that £2.5m is good value. We will see.

Who knows. Plus let's see who else we bring in before dismissing those grapes as sour.
Well yes. Fingers crossed. :thumbsup:

Bra

Feb 21, 2009
patcham
Another one here who wonders if the fee paid is decent value. A player who seems to have a good patch followed by long barren spell. With fees of this size you can see why the club look abroad for talent.

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
He's 23 (TWENTY THREE!) and already solid at Champ level. He's also a hold up striker rather than an out and out goal scorer, so shouldn't be judged purely on goal scoring record. He would've been a superb signing.

agreed - According to NSC though he's overpriced and not good enough...............................

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010

What!

At 23 he's got poor mobility, no better than CoG, and is weak in the air as he has limited spring in his legs (6 inches off the ground must be his record!). He looked ok in our League 1 winning team but we were scoring goals for fun then.

Glad he's coming nowhere near us.

JCL666

absurdism
Sep 23, 2011
I like him.

Good movement.
Holds the ball up well.
Can score spectacular goals.

Considering his age I think 2.5 million is good value.

Codner's Wallop

Sep 11, 2013
Seems odd we are bemoaning the Albion for NOT signing a player when we have absolutely no idea who we ARE signing.

Surely if another player of the Kayal, Rosenior or Hemed calibre joins the club, then the fact we swerved signing CW would seem prudent business.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
:

I'd be quite happy if he was as usedful as our last £2.5m striker.......we sold him for £10m:jester:

Being pedantic, I thought he was £2m. The £2.5m striker I had in mind was better known for his gorgeous hairstyle, his bouncy labrador-esque enthusiasm, and his comical inability to trap a football above knee height.

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
Yes - but I have played and watched footie for 25/40 years and I'd like to think I can see
someone who is going to be a damn good player - and sadly he wasn't one of them.

Likewise.....perhaps BHA should employ you to scout for them seeing as your experience is obviously invaluable......:wink:

Just out of interest, who would you buy?

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
As someone observed on the Halford thread, if Wood is the answer we're asking the wrong question!!

reigate

Nov 10, 2005
Being pedantic, I thought he was £2m. The £2.5m striker I had in mind was better known for his gorgeous hairstyle, his bouncy labrador-esque enthusiasm, and his comical inability to trap a football above knee height.

Your forgot he also clapped the fans which is far more important than abiilty......

essbee

Jan 5, 2005
Likewise.....perhaps BHA should employ you to scout for them seeing as your experience is obviously invaluable......:wink:

Just out of interest, who would you buy?

That's a tricky one - and to be honest nobody in the championship as is stands out.
Obviously Zamora would be great a couple of the Derby County players - but that's it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here