Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Chris Wood - 1.2million.

James Bond's body double

Nov 1, 2009
Southwick
Heard earlier on Sky that, Leicester have said he is first team plans, and will not go unless a ridiculous offer is received.

Think we can forget this one, if it was ever on the cards.

Pinkie Brown

I'll look after the skirt
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR
I'd be happy with this. Wherever he was loaned out by WBA, he had a reasonable return of goals. He could provide a needed bit of Variety and height up front too. Baldock and Colunga are fantastic signings, but they could prosper more with a more physical presence like Woods to play off.

As was shown Saturday, despite our dominance, we struggled to break Charlton down until Dunky went forward and mixed it up in the box with a bit of physical and height - With a bit of assistance from Stocky for the second one!

Could be the usual Twitshit bull, but I would be pleased if there was something in it.

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
He did a job for us in League 1 (and I'm aware he was still very young), but I didn't really think he was anything particularly special, and aside from that cracking hit for Leicester against us at the Amex, I've not seen anything in the 3-4 times I've seen him since that changes my mind. Although, his record is very good.

The Truth

Banned
Sep 11, 2008
None of your buisness
He did a job for us in League 1 (and I'm aware he was still very young), but I didn't really think he was anything particularly special, and aside from that cracking hit for Leicester against us at the Amex, I've not seen anything in the 3-4 times I've seen him since that changes my mind. Although, his record is very good.

I thought he was immense against us for Millwall.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Excellent player who is perfectly capable in this league. Would love to see him down here.

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
I thought he was immense against us for Millwall.

Obviously not one that has stuck in my mind, but I might be talking rubbish!

You've now got me wondering where/when/who for I've actually seen him....

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Obviously not one that has stuck in my mind, but I might be talking rubbish!

You've now got me wondering where/when/who for I've actually seen him....
No offence but you are. He would be a brilliant signing

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

I'm with you. He played against us for Birmingham, Millwall, Bristol City & Leicester. I didn't feel that we were missing anything although he has now got the experience.

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
No offence but you are. He would be a brilliant signing

Like I said, I couldn't reel off a list of the times I've seen him so I'm not in a position to make a detailed argument here. But I did think he faded off towards the end of the year he had with us and I really wasn't fussed about keeping him.

I just recall that I've definitely seen him a handful of times since and thought at least once or twice that he hasn't really looked any better than how I remembered him. Once was definitely away at Millwall. Maybe I wasn't at that home game.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Like I said, I couldn't reel off a list of the times I've seen him so I'm not in a position to make a detailed argument here. But I did think he faded off towards the end of the year he had with us and I really wasn't fussed about keeping him.

I just recall that I've definitely seen him a handful of times since and thought at least once or twice that he hasn't really looked any better than how I remembered him. Once was definitely away at Millwall. Maybe I wasn't at that home game.

Hardly surprising he faded though is it? How old was he at the time 19? He has improved a lot since then and raked up a good amount of appearances.

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
I'm with you. He played against us for Birmingham, Millwall, Bristol City & Leicester. I didn't feel that we were missing anything although he has now got the experience.

Yep - think Birmingham was a couple of the times.

The Truth

Banned
Sep 11, 2008
None of your buisness

He scored 2 goals. One was a screamer and the other a lovely delicate touch to evade our whole defence.

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
Hardly surprising he faded though is it? How old was he at the time 19? He has improved a lot since then and raked up a good amount of appearances.

Well that's exactly what I wrote. I took into account his age, and just simply said that I personally haven't seen him play live since in a way that has made me think he is much better.

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
He scored 2 goals. One was a screamer and the other a lovely delicate touch to evade our whole defence.

I thought the screamer was for Leicester. I must have been there then. He obviously didn't make a massive impression on me over the course of the whole game.

The Truth

Banned
Sep 11, 2008
None of your buisness
I thought the screamer was for Leicester. I must have been there then. He obviously didn't make a massive impression on me over the course of the whole game.

Memory and judgment aren't the same thing.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I thought he was very average until he ran us ragged for Millwall at the Amex. Maybe that was a one off but it was a very impressive performance.

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
Memory and judgment aren't the same thing.

Indeed they aren't, but I am pretty sure my judgement at the time was that he had a good game and scored at least one very good goal, but that he wasn't an outstanding Championship striker. Obviously you disagree.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

It wasn't his age but that he'd flown to play for New Zealand, then didn't appear to put in any effort when he came back for the last few games.

Carrot Cruncher

NHS Slave
Helpful Moderator
Jul 30, 2003
Southampton, United Kingdom
Putting aside the issue of availability and whether we are actually in for him, you need to ask 1 question. Is he better than COG. The answer is yes.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here