Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Chris Packham

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
No views on the bloke as never watched him on TV and wouldn't have known who he is without it being said on here. But burning someone's gates because of their views is just stupid.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Don't agree with everything he says but do agree with most of it and hope he keeps buggering on as Winston Churchill memorably said.

Rewilding going on just up the road from us (3,500 acre Knepp Estate).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ikNVLbRKI_8

Chris Packham reckons the Crown Estate (400,000 acres) can and should do this as well.

Knepp was mentioned on R4 yesterday, as was another rewilding project somewhere else in the UK.

Some amazing work going on in the UK just now on similar projects, also reforestation/re-hedging/restore peat bogland with native (post last Ice Age) flora.

0.5 million acres in Caithness/Sutherland!
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-highlands-islands-49369133

4,000 acres in the Hepple Estate, Northumberland.

Plans for much of the 22 square mile Wallington Estate in Northumberland.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-tyne-58821450

Under the radar of doom and gloom hacks, there’s an army of landowners, entities and volunteers making things happen on these shores.

Need to the Windsor’s to sign up too!

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Chris Packham: Fire attack on New Forest home 'will not sway me'

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-hampshire-58861252

Happy Sunday everybody - which handcart will you be taking to hell?

I hope he gets support and help. Despite appearances (perhaps) he is quite vulnerable, and his own way of dealing with this may paradoxically leave him even more vulnerable. He reminds me so much of one of my brothers.

I agree with the comments about the scum who did this.

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton
I love Chris Packham. Grown up as a child watching him on the Really Wild Show. SpringWatch, AutumnWatch, WinterWatch for me are worth paying my TV licence for alone. For any Chris Packham fans or anyone suffering Anxiety, Depression or Aspergers i would really recommned watching 'The Walk that made me'.

Posted on twitter a really heart felt message about the fire and abuse he receives. I hate so much of humanity. Why abuse and torture a guy who just has nature and animal welfare at his heart. I hope they find these scumbags.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
There is a war going on in the countryside and there has been for the last 40 years but its intensifying now. The tide of public opinion is clearly against fox hunting (75%+) and the numbers of people actively taking counter measures is increasing all the time and as a consequence the 'hunts' are suffering, some closing and those remaining are becoming desperate. This attack is just another spin of the dice for them. They regularly attack 'saboteurs' with horses and whips and recently hired some serving soldiers (from one of the posh regiments) to act as bully boys. They often call the police who will always side with the hunting fraternity.

Before people start saying these saboteurs are the great unwashed, unemployed who are trespassing let me clarify there are groups of sabs who might fall into that category but by far the majority are people who take time out of normal lives, some are retired and they would usually refer to themselves as hunt 'monitors' but they too are targeted. Many are women who are subjected to the sort of abuse that if that were said on a public street the perpetrator would be arrested. Both groups are pacifists.

Does trespassing take place, undoubtedly but if it happens in order to stop a crime then in my mind I think its justified. Just because it's their land (although often its not) it should not mean they can do as they wish if its to the detriment of wider society.

Of course its just not foxes, there is the badger cull which has no medical backing and there are the shoots that basically kill anything they see as a threat to the animals they want to kill. Chris Packham had just recently raised the issue about numbers of birds of prey that are being killed maybe someone wanted to shut him up.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Heard him speaking about this latest attack on the Radio this afternoon. A brilliant man who does not deserve this harassment. Who does? But least of all him. He's got a great travel series running currently with his Stepdaughter.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
There is a war going on in the countryside and there has been for the last 40 years but its intensifying now.

Of course its just not foxes, there is the badger cull which has no medical backing and there are the shoots that basically kill anything they see as a threat to the animals they want to kill. Chris Packham had just recently raised the issue about numbers of birds of prey that are being killed maybe someone wanted to shut him up.

It is, and they do want to shut him up . . .there are a lot of warped people out there. inbred ****ry types are up there with the best of the new age trouble makers . Management of 'stock' and culls are debatable but killing birds is just sport, bad sport, like changing constitutions and selling property is considered 'sport' by others. It's ****ish at best, and should be punishable, with equal measure. Too many ***** around, they do need culling!

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
He’s got a fantastic support network and is a wonderful man. This prolonged attack on him is utterly sick. I hope 2022 is a better year for him and that something is done about all this.

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Very genuine man and means well in everything he does. Appreciate that that burning his gates must be disturbing and a criminal fence. However what is trolling ? Is it putting offensive language on things like face book about him. Also why on earth would anybody get so upset about his views Very strange

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here