Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Chris O'Grady

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
Thought he looked great.

Sure I saw him beckoning us on the pitch when he scored in response to the 'ogrady scores we're on the pitch' chant. Priceless!

Really want to keep him.

Skylar

Banned
Jul 29, 2014
If you can listen to COG's interview on bbc sx. Top bloke and hope it works out for him, here or up North.

He came across as really nice. Must of been hard for him and his family being in no mans land but he seems to be happy again and has found his form which can only mean good news for us. Hyypia must of destroyed his confidence(all players) but it seems that he's got his mojo back :)

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
When you consider how many goals he scored for a relegated Barnsley in the Championship last season, one has to consider how totally naff our management has been. Add to him CMS, Baldock amongst others and you realise that it aint the players.

COG in

The Modfather

Dec 13, 2009
Ibiza to the Norfolk Broads
Just got back from a week in Sheffield visiting the wife's family who are all Blades supporters. They are desperate to sign COG as he is a class above anyone else they have.

One commented that even if he never kicked a ball for them again, he would still be their player of the season

dannyboy

tfso!
Oct 20, 2003
Waikanae NZ
think hes been given arough ride by us really. when hes come on (under hyppia) I don't think hes actually been that bad amd does what he does best. its almost like hes been made the scapegoat for hyppias cluelessness. I didn't go today (I did go to Fulham where he really helped us to 3 points) but looking at the highlights it seemed like he did the same . he scored and hit the post twice. keep him!!

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
He may not be up to some peoples standard but anyone there today will tell you he was streets ahead of the blunt and toothless CMS and Baldock.

I hope we give him a good work out and let the others go out on loan

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
Delighted that he got a goal today, not just for us to wrap up the game but for him, can't have been an easy ride. I absolutely loved his 'come on' to the fans after he scored :lol: I've said all along he offers something different and today was the perfect example of where changing the type of striker can make an impact.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Listening to that interview and knowing how hard a time some fans have given him makes you think of the situation that players like Gary Speed and Clarke Carlisle felt they were in. They're human beings and some of the keyboard warriors go a bit too far with the vitriol they spew. Criticize performances but there's no need to make it too personal.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
He came on against Fulham and got a good reception, he played well and the fans responded. Same again today, and it's clear from his interviews that he needs the support of the fans and manager.
I hope he stays.

Sea Sea Seaside Air

Dec 31, 2014
GOSBTS
Absolutely stoked for him, had an immediate impact as soon as he came on, with the shot and he grew from there. Reckon we should start taking him more seriously because he's clearly no worse than CMS at the moment.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
O'Grady told The Argus: "I would definitely like to dedicate that to Macca, because he allowed that to happen. His work before I came on allowed me to do what I do, becvause he worked the centre-halves to the point where the game was open and they were a bit tired.

"He's a bit down, because he didn't have a chance to get any shots away, but all he needs to do is just keep going. I know what that feels like and just keeping your head and keep going will rectify that. He did really well." http://www.theargus.co.uk/sport/117..._credit_for_his_first_Albion_goal/?ref=twtrec

That's a pretty decent compliment to CMS's work today.

Ferring Marine

Mar 28, 2014
Clearly no worse ?
CM-S is a busted flush and will never score for the Albion again. The sooner we rid, the sooner we move on.
It's time people realised he's ineffectual.
C O'G has proved more in 2 sub appearances than CM-S in three seasons.

el punal

Clearly no worse ?
CM-S is a busted flush and will never score for the Albion again. The sooner we rid, the sooner we move on.
It's time people realised he's ineffectual.
C O'G has proved more in 2 sub appearances than CM-S in three seasons.

Maybe. Let's see how he fares under Chris Hughton. I must admit his best days seemed to be when he first came here. Remember the 3-3 draw against Leeds? I never felt that he's had the right service to fulfil his potential.

Ferring Marine

Mar 28, 2014
When you consider how many goals he scored for a relegated Barnsley in the Championship last season, one has to consider how totally naff our management has been. Add to him CMS, Baldock amongst others and you realise that it aint the players.

COG in

Ferring Seagull - we are thinking alike.
COG is a definite retain, the jury's out on Baldock who could come good, Colunga OK, but CM-S is a waste of space and has been for a few years, notwithstanding his injury.
In retrospect, Sami has been the worst manager since JEFF WOOD, tactically and motivationally.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here