Chris O'Grady Signs for an Undisclosed Fee (Updated)

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Ulloa was out for half the season ogrady is not in the same league as Ulloa , if we continue to sell our best players and replace them with lesser players we are going to struggle , take off your blue tinted glasses and smell the coffee !
Save your fingers and keyboard fella.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Absolutely this!

For what its worth, I think its an excellent piece of business, and a lot of people are gonna feel pretty ****in stupid when he has scored more goals than ulloa next season, chris ogrady is not some unknown striker, he is an experienced championship striker, who is more mobile than ulloa and brings more to the team than just scoring goals, oh and he does that too

Why do people have be abused just for having a different point of view?

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Some truly embarrassing reactions, anyone would think we were re-signing holyroyd they way some are bitching on here.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
The Burnley way? Vokes and Ings were pretty highly rated for a long time, and both young talent. Not some 28 year old plodder.

Ings and Vokes didn't have the billy big bollocks attitude of Charlie Austin and just got on with the job. Most fans of other Championship clubs thought Burnley were punching above their weight last season and still believed they would blow it because the squad didn't look strong enough.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
I liked the look of him when I've seen him play, I think it could be a clever signing.

And if he follows fellow Rochdale striking legends Ricky Lambert, Grant Holt and of course Glen Murray in developing later in his career he could turn out to be a great bit of business.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Ulloa was out for half the season ogrady is not in the same league as Ulloa , if we continue to sell our best players and replace them with lesser players we are going to struggle , take off your blue tinted glasses and smell the coffee !

Ulloa only played 4 games less. Clearly they are in the same league as O'Grady scored more goals. He obviously isnt worse, otherwise he wouldnt have scored more goals.

My blue tinted glasses arent actually on in the first place, im thinking rationally. Perhaps you should take your doom and gloom glasses off and face the facts.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Any ideas? Would appear we need an Ulloa replacement too :(

article-2613487-1D5C289E00000578-616_634x425.jpg

No clue on 'New Leo'

ewe2

Mar 14, 2008
Hailsham area
I think if he is seen as Ulloas replacement,then the club could be open to criticism ,however if he signed to compete with Ulloa (or whoever ) then this could be good business,and does not allow the mess we got into last season with various dubious loans.

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
Some truly embarrassing reactions, anyone would think we were re-signing holyroyd they way some are bitching on here.

Judging by some of the reactions on here I can see him becoming the new Barnes. NO Albion player deserves the appalling treatment he got from some of the fans.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Let's just assume that both rumours doing the rounds are correct. I would be genuinely interested in people's opinion on the relevant squad strength of

Ullloa - Barnes - Lita (can't have CMS and Hoskins as known injured and let's say for fun Ulloa gets injured early on).
Ulloa - Obika - ....that's it
Ulloa - CMS - Rodriguez - Injured Hoskins
CMS- O'Grady - Fenelon
Big name striker - CMS - O'Grady - Fenelon

My answer? Genuine don't know. Don't know if "big name striker" will come in or not. No one's seen Fenelon play first team football except a couple of friendlies. Happy to admit I wouldn't recognise O'Grady if he walked past me in Tescos tomorrow wearing a half and half Brighton/Barnsley shirt. Happy to admit that while I trust the Not Worth That blog there's no official notice Ulloa has gone or what money for.

Good job we've got all these "experts" eh?

tigertim68

Sep 3, 2012
Ulloa only played 4 games less. Clearly they are in the same league as O'Grady scored more goals. He obviously isnt worse, otherwise he wouldnt have scored more goals.

My blue tinted glasses arent actually on in the first place, im thinking rationally. Perhaps you should take your doom and gloom glasses off and face the facts.

Ulloa played in a team that created less chances and scored less goals than most of the teams in the championship last season mainly because of Garcia boring tactics , we have now got rid of all our best players . the replacements so far are lesser players that is a recipe for relegation !

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Ulloa played in a team that created less chances and scored less goals than most of the teams in the championship last season mainly because of Garcia boring tactics , we have now got rid of all our best players . the replacements so far are lesser players that is a recipe for relegation !

We have SIX weeks of the transfer window yet to improve - the squad we have no isnt the finished article and we have only signed THREE players and TWO of them are replacements which are in fact suitable.

Hughes - replacing Upson, younger and just as experienced.
O'Grady - replacing a striker role, more prolific than Barnes AND Ulloa last season.

I think you really are winding yourself up here :facepalm:

Ecosse Exile

May 20, 2009
Alicante, Spain
Why do people have be abused just for having a different point of view?

Its not the different view, its that people are ready to write off a new player before he's even signed, and if he pops onto nsc anytime soon, he might just think, not sure o want to play for that lot.

Oh you don't think he'll be on nsc?
Remember snoopy? Maybe before your time, not sure, but snoopy was a regular on here.... until we sold him to Barnsley, where he would have been ateam mate of O'Grady

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Judging by some of the reactions on here I can see him becoming the new Barnes. NO Albion player deserves the appalling treatment he got from some of the fans.

I'm a tad miffed if O'Grady is indeed Ulloa's replacement, I will however give him my full and loyal support as will any self respecting and reasonable fan. The abuse Barnes took was ****ing disgusting.

WhiteyBFC

Aug 23, 2012
You lads mocking him, or feeling underwhelmed about his potential arrival, will be quickly won over by COGba. Yes, COGba.

I won't bother giving you a proper detailed opinion on him, his strengths/weaknesses etc, because I'm not convinced he'll agree terms. Not because I think he'll stay with us, as I know full well he won't do and frankly, I'm in the BFC camp of supporter who'd like him to go. But again, not because I don't rate him (I rate him very highly) but because we need to cash in so as to continue rebuilding our own squad.

If however, he does sign for you, I'll be back to give you the lowdown on him and perhaps a video montage of his BFC career.

But trust me on this, he's so much better than a lot of you are expecting.

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
I'm a tad miffed if O'Grady is indeed Ulloa's replacement, I will however give him my full and loyal support as will any self respecting and reasonable fan. The abuse Barnes took was ****ing disgusting.

I'm with HKFC on this one, I believe that in some ways he is a Leo replacement but only in the sense that he fills that "Big lad" role. I think the style will change slightly under Hyypia and if the friendlies are anything to go by, then this will suit CMS more than Leo. One or two attackers still to come in I'm hoping.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports