Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Chris O'Grady Signs for an Undisclosed Fee (Updated)

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
So what would people have thought if we had signed Sam Vokes last summer??..............................................I think i can guess but look what he did at Burnley last season.Why write the bloke off before you know?..Looks like he had a good season in a poor team to me.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
I'd imagine the deal will fall through once he discusses personal terms....

He is hardly going to be on massive wages at Barnsley now they're back in League 1.

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
£7 million for Spanish Len would be good business. A striker that can bag 15 goals for a poor side in a bad season is not to be sniffed at and I think many people are forgetting the return of CMS, who has been finding the net in pre-season.

Glass half full.

Tony Le Mesmer

Jul 5, 2003
South Wales
Wait til he realises the house prices in the South are not quite the same as up North... the deal will soon be off

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Dance, then,wherever you may be,
When we score he's called Chris O'Grady
And He'll lead us all,
wherever we may be,
And He'll lead us all
Up the league, said he.

crasher

Jul 8, 2003
Sussex
Who's that man who comes from Barnsley?
Who's that man we all adore?
Chris O'Grady is his name - and he scores a goal a game,
and we wont' mention Leo any more.

tigertim68

Sep 3, 2012
Yes, were signing a player who scored MORE goals than Ulloa last season, yet we are going to be relegated because of that.

By your method of thinking, would we have been relegated if we kept Ulloa as well then ? Christ, get a grip.

Ulloa was out for half the season ogrady is not in the same league as Ulloa , if we continue to sell our best players and replace them with lesser players we are going to struggle , take off your blue tinted glasses and smell the coffee !

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Why Hoskins when we never replaced Barnes?

You may have a very valid point there. You also may not. We replace like for like or try to. Barnes eventual replacement was either Lingard or Spanish Rod. You'd probably have to get at Burke's database to find out which they thought they'd covered. From the way pre-season is going Fenelon (AKA Goodwin) replaces one and O'Grady the other. If Fenelon doesn't get promoted up to 1st team I'll hold my hands up as wrong.

Ecosse Exile

May 20, 2009
Alicante, Spain
There are some absolute wankers on this board tonight. Unbelievable.

Absolutely this!

For what its worth, I think its an excellent piece of business, and a lot of people are gonna feel pretty ****in stupid when he has scored more goals than ulloa next season, chris ogrady is not some unknown striker, he is an experienced championship striker, who is more mobile than ulloa and brings more to the team than just scoring goals, oh and he does that too

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here