Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Chris O'Grady Signs for an Undisclosed Fee (Updated)

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Let's give the guy a chuffin chance to prove himself.

15 last year in a crappy team. Unless you have seen him play > 10 times, know what position he played in and what formation he scored in, including how many appearances were on the bench you do not have a moral right to post negative comments.

Are you seriously suggesting that we should wait until we can make an informed judgement? Remember where you are, FFS.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
If this rumour has any truth in it, I think it is a perfect example of how Burke and his team are not up to the task of finding us quality Championship players.

Why sign players who aren't good enough, even as back up? We would be better off blooding youngsters. I suspect, if true, this signing is meant for the first team. It oozes desperation and I find that very concerning. I truly believe Burke is incapable of bringing in top quality players under our alleged budget constraints.
Here's the thing, Burke shoulders the blame every time we get linked to a relative unknown or inexperienced player, my question is this, is it because Burke can't spot a player for sh*t or his he working with such an unrealistic budget he's always going to look inept?

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
The only questions are a) is be better than Will Hoskins and b) will he give Hyypia diff options to striker #1/Ulloa and CMS and perhaps Fenelon. And c) will he score more goals in a team with assistance from Buckley/KLL/Ward(possibly) etc compared to Barnsley.

Almost certainly looks like that's a good bet.

And I'll say again he could be Albions only 4th £1m signing. For a third or 4th choice striker... That's not L1 or a club with no ambition for me...

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Don't get the club at the moment , prem off the pitch league one on the pitch. There is going to b a point when the club needs to up the wage budget . Financially the club has to get in the prem or we will be in trouble .

Please explain how we are League One on the pitch, when we have finished 10th and then in the playoffs twice in the last three seasons?

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Perhaps we're trying to do it the "Burnley" way with no prima donnas in the squad.

The Burnley way? Vokes and Ings were pretty highly rated for a long time, and both young talent. Not some 28 year old plodder.

tigertim68

Sep 3, 2012
Would be amazed if this works. I think we're looking at another very ordinary striker who won't add much and certainly won't fill our central striker role. I really hope I'm wrong .....

no you are correct , a very uninspiring signing , selling all your best players and replacing them with lesser quality players is a recipe for relegation

fat old seagull

Sep 8, 2005
Rural Ringmer
If this is us getting premier league ready, with the signings we are looking at, the club are really taking the p**s out of the supporters. The more you look at the calibre of players that we are being linked with, the more you feel that the fans are being fobbed off when Tony says we will have a competitive squad. I still live in hope that we will sign some quality, but my optimism is slowly being eroded. I fear that, if we continue to sign journeyman players, that season ticket sales next season will fall considerably. In fact i feel that the club have got away with it by having sold this seasons tickets already. I would still have bought mine, but not sure everyone would have felt the same. If we have to be prudent then fine, but if we are PMR off the pitch, what is the point of not being ready on it. If we have to tread water for a couple of years then tell the fans and most will understand. Hopefully in the next two weeks we will see the squad strengthened. The thing I cant understand is if we are trying to get to the premiership then at least half the squad should be capable of playing there. We show no signs of this happening anytime soon.

I might agree with at least some of that the day the window closes and TB hasn't kept his word??? But he will. He's a canny player, waiting for the best deals at the right time. Don't forget that clubs are hanging on to their stars in the hope of getting top dollar, just as we do ...Bridcutt, Leo. We just need to be patient, I don't believe Burke is sitting in The Amex all day playing with his XBox. I bet at present he's on the phone all day long trying to secure quality, at a sensible price.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
You are never going to get a quality striker in just to be 3rd or 4th choice, which I assume he will be. A good replacement for Hoskins with Championship experience. Shows that the club are bolstering the squad, that's what we want isn't it?

This . We need 4 or 5 strikers . All capable of scoring and all happy to not play. Not easy , cog could fit the bill on the bench and be a goal threat . Add CMS , Fenlon and a true big expensive signing and it looks very very good . The big expensive signing being key

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here