Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Chris Mcphee - Fans should give him a break

Stoaty Ferret

Jul 11, 2003
Brighton
Am I the only person on this board that thinks we should give Chris Mcphee a break. He seems to get a roasting from a lot of NSC posters, who have written him off at the age of 20. I saw him play a couple of times for the reserves last year and him and Marney looked useful together, linking up well. I just think he needs some chances in the first team to see if he can make the step up. He looks to have bulked up a lot in the last year, and nobody can argue with his pre season for so far. Coppell could mould him into a first team player, but the fans need to be patient if he starts this season.

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
well reading about how he played up at crawley i'm willing to give him the chance- also helps we've got no other strikers!

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
I watched the reserves a few time last year and he always looked useful without actualy ever scoring. Seems to be finding the net ok so far pre-season though. I'm sure he will get his chance to play a few games this year, and I hope he does well. He could probably do with an experienced striker at the club to learn from.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Hopefully Steve will give him the confidence that he needs to make the step up to the first team. His two goals on saturday where very well taken efforts, especially the movement for the first.

Its time for a couple of these youngsters to fulfil the potential they have.

tinx

Jul 6, 2003
Horsham Town
He looked good on saturday deifnitely and is pretty much our best striking option at the moment, sad to say but its true,

Pu tit this way If he can turn Kery Mayo into a good First Division player like he did last season then turning McPhee into a second division striker should eb a walk in the park.

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
Having seen him at Crawley i reckon he could figure from the bench this season, we really need to get 2 new strikers in tho.

Trotster

Jul 9, 2003
Threshers
I agree - the boys done good in the last 2 friendlys and he is only young - he lacks experience and confidence and after the last 2 matches i reckon he could go from strenght to strength - Lets give a proper fighting chance.

Chris Mcphee oh Chris Mcphee
How we love our Chris Mcphee

:lolol:

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
m-c-p-h-e-e he'll get us a victory !

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
I've only seen McPhee play a couple of times, but he looked the sort of player that if given some confidence could come on leaps and bounds, got a lot of what you need to be a half-decent striker and much better than Ramsay. I'm sure Steve can do that.

Stoaty Ferret

Jul 11, 2003
Brighton
I agree Marney looks quality (PFA Player of the Month for Div 2 in September 2002 remember.........), but I reckon he'll be better out wide in the end. I think this would free up OGH to play as an orthodox striker albeit in a support role. If Mcphee is regularly used in the first team it would give also give another youngster such as Jake Robinson the chance to play regularly in the reserves.

Citrus

Seagulls over Toronto
Jul 11, 2003
Toronto
Marney could fill Brookers position aswell. Given a bit of time he could become a very good player. He has potential.:bounce:

Beefy

Jul 5, 2003
bed
McPhee could be a decent goalscorer for us if he builds his confidence up.

I think he could turn out to be a better player as Marney as he's slightly younger and seems more of a natural striker.

dunno

Old Skool
Jul 6, 2003
At work - probably
I haven't got a problem with any of the youngsers given a go in the first team:-

McPhee - has looked good in the reserves and in the friendlies
Hammond - looked good in a couple of games in div 1
Harding - heard some good things about him
El' Abd (or however you spell it!) - ditto
Piercy - scored loads for the reserves from midfield
Wilkinson - looked good in a couple of games in div 1& plays in several positions
Robinson - our Wayne Rooney?????
Marney - looked good in a couple of games in div 1 - good dribbler
Hinsh Jnr - looked good in a couple of games in div 1 & mom against Burnley

All of which look/sound good to me

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here