Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Chris Hughton sacked!!!

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
Seems a silly time to do it but he has been absolutely dire. He's taken a side playing good football in no chance of relegation problems to a bunch of cloggers with every chance of going down whilst wasting a small fortune.

Do not rate Hughton at all.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Is that the Neil Adams that scored from miles out at the Goldstone? Oldham if memory serves.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Seems a silly time to do it but he has been absolutely dire. He's taken a side playing good football in no chance of relegation problems to a bunch of cloggers with every chance of going down whilst wasting a small fortune.

Do not rate Hughton at all.

Still feel the same about Hughton Mr Spring hall convert...

Karma is a wonderful thing.....

Norwich with a strong possibility of relegation....

&

Brighton with a strong possibility of promotion....

Now if that's not motivation for Mr Hughton, I don't know what is....

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Still feel the same about Hughton Mr Spring hall convert...

Karma is a wonderful thing.....

Norwich with a strong possibility of relegation....

&

Brighton with a strong possibility of promotion....

Now if that's not motivation for Mr Hughton, I don't know what is....

I was never anti Hughton but confess to being uninspired at his appointment. humble pie in large portions. not only is he a true gent who who has 100x more integrity and decorum than Poyet, our football now has an end product. another Bloom masterstroke after the Hyypia disaster

Audax

Boing boing boing...
Aug 3, 2015
Uckfield
I think the whole Hughton story of the last few years just goes to show that there's more involved in being a good manager than being a good manager. You could be the worlds best manager, but your team is still not going to achieve at full potential if the rest of the network at the team is dire.

Theoretically you could say that a good manager makes sure the rest of the network is in place to support him, but we've seen it enough times in football that even a good manager can't do anything about an owner that won't bend.

Hughton's clearly good, and just as clearly benefiting from the rebuilding of the support network (in particular the recruitment team) that happened post-Hyypia.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
I think the whole Hughton story of the last few years just goes to show that there's more involved in being a good manager than being a good manager. You could be the worlds best manager, but your team is still not going to achieve at full potential if the rest of the network at the team is dire.

Theoretically you could say that a good manager makes sure the rest of the network is in place to support him, but we've seen it enough times in football that even a good manager can't do anything about an owner that won't bend.

Hughton's clearly good, and just as clearly benefiting from the rebuilding of the support network (in particular the recruitment team) that happened post-Hyypia.

Spot on.

Massive credit has to go to Winstanley and his team also. They've been superb

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I think the whole Hughton story of the last few years just goes to show that there's more involved in being a good manager than being a good manager.
It is a crazy job. The best managers in the world will fail spectacularly sometimes for various reasons - a bit of bad luck with injuries, bad luck on the field, a few tw@s running the dressing room that it's not easy to dump (may apply to Chelsea).

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Norwich fans still don't rate CH, but if they'd kept them they probably would have stayed up that season.

Since they've hired a radio pundit and rookie, now they are going down again

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
Who'd have thunk it. The whole thing is running like a TEAM.

GreersElbow

Jan 5, 2012
A Northern Outpost
Norwich fans still don't rate CH, but if they'd kept them they probably would have stayed up that season.

Since they've hired a radio pundit and rookie, now they are going down again

Here at university, they complain he's too defensive; despite how well we've been and how attacking we've been. The issue with Norwich is the same old issue, appalling transfer policy. Rumour had it that Hughton didn't want Wolfswinkel, they bought him and paid a stupid £7m for him. They hardly had any players that could score in that team. It's no surprise Hughton had to go defensive, but it wasn't like they didn't pick up the odd result here and there.

Alex Neil has also had a shit hand in the transfer windows, they bought in like 1 player who was a free from West Brom; then bought a few players, such as that German fella in January and still conceding a plenty.

Ecosse Exile

May 20, 2009
Alicante, Spain
I was having a beer with a fella from Norwich the other day, he said they're main gripe with Hughton was just how defensive he is, and tbf there have been times, even this season where we have said exactly the same, at the moment we/he seem to have bucked that trend, long may it continue, but should we go up, i bet he will revert to being ultra defensive, i think we will probably have to.

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
I've heard he is allowed to sack anyone.

sacked1.jpg

highflyer

Jan 21, 2016
Would be a MASSIVE irony if we go up and Norwich go down, funny old game football
Norwich AND Newcastle down (seems quite likely). Us up (maybe not so likely). What a dose of schadenfreude that would provide. CH would be too much of a gentleman to make anything of it mind.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here