Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Chris Hughton mind games?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
We have to avoid loosing against the Rams..

Assuming Burnley get the results we expect, it doesn't make any difference if we lose or draw to Derby. Winning is the only result that makes any difference in our position against Boro.

If we're 1-1 with Derby and have a corner in the 93rd minute, I'd be sending Stockdale up for it.

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
Can we all club together and buy Infant Hercules and that other :tosser: Claret Tinted Specs a room in a fecking cheap motel (Bates)?

I'll provide the cutlery:)

Dec 6, 2015
I'm happy to. For the record, I've also compared us to Bolton too.

All three clubs have been bankrolled by wealthy benefactors who are lifelong club fans. As long as they are pumping the cash in, that's all well and good.

Do you see Gibson throwing in the towel? Of course you don't. Do we see Tony Bloom giving up on the Albion? Likewise, no. But I bet that Bolton fans could not foresee Eddie "Bolton in my blood" Davies stopping his funding as he did either.

Fair point.

I guess that's the reason Gibson has invested heavily in the Rockcliffe Hall complex. I couldn't envision either club being left in such a state though.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Can we all club together and buy Infant Hercules and that other :tosser: Claret Tinted Specs a room in a fecking cheap motel (Bates)?

I'll provide the cutlery:)
Difficult to know whether Infant is going to be a keeper. Tinted Specs started ok I seem to remember, but he's become quite a troll recently.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Fair point.

I guess that's the reason Gibson has invested heavily in the Rockcliffe Hall complex. I couldn't envision either club being left in such a state though.

Obviously Boro have tried to buy the title this year and it seemed fairly obvious from a lot of comments when you were 11 points ahead that you were confident promotion was nailed on.
In the event that you do under achieve and not go up..... will Boro be doing the same next season.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Fair point.

Likewise, Tony Bloom has invested significantly in the infrastructure required to allow the club to progress over the next 10-20 years and beyond. We'd be struggling to pay the bills pretty quickly if he decided for whatever reason to not support the day to day running of the club any more. I can't imagine you'd be any different.

Let's hope that, as we expect, neither of us have to worry about that.

Dec 6, 2015
Obviously Boro have tried to buy the title this year and it seemed fairly obvious from a lot of comments when you were 11 points ahead that you were confident promotion was nailed on.
In the event that you do under achieve and not go up..... will Boro be doing the same next season.

Honestly, I don't know.

We'd keep the same squad apart from maybe Ramirez......only our best player. He gave funds to Strachan to have a real go but when he failed he cut the purse strings and rained it in with a one in one out type system and I'd imagine it'll be much the same.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Honestly, I don't know.

We'd keep the same squad apart from maybe Ramirez......only our best player. He gave funds to Strachan to have a real go but when he failed he cut the purse strings and rained it in with a one in one out type system and I'd imagine it'll be much the same.

Are you still here ?...........Is it lonely up there in Middlesboro ? OR just closed ?

For what it is worth I would have liked both Brighton and Boro to go up because I think they are the best two sides in the division. That really doesn't look possible now.

I think if you play as you did against Wolves then you will go up. If you don't play to that standard then we will win because I think that we have so many variations on the way that we can play and I don't think you have that.

On that note I must go get some work done. If you are still here the next time I am on I will presume Middlesboro must be shut !

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I hope you have. Other than supporting a different team from you I can't see what anyone's problem would be.
If I've got the wrong person, I will send a groveling apology. Have you ever defended Barton?

Don Quixote

Nov 4, 2008
Hughton said before the season started that: "Any team who finishes above Boro will be promoted"

The pressure right this second is on us though, because if we don’t get a win against Derby, we will go into the final game needing to beat them by 4 goals or maybe few more.

We will only put pressure on Boro if we beat Derby so we shouldn’t get ahead of ourselves. If we only draw against Derby then the playoffs for us is the reality.

Edit.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
My feelings towards Barton are the same as your managers. :)
Excellent. You think Barton's a ****ing ****, but like Chris, I doubt you can say so.

Anyway...
This is a bit embarrassing, I think I've confused you with someone else :blush:

I'm very sorry :dunce:

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
Chris-Hughton.jpg

JS64531225.jpg

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
That Boro Gazette need to realise that just cos AK & Dyche love chatting shit in the press it doesn't mean CH does. Can forgive them a little for trying to create some kind of issue / circus as they're not getting anything from our end. They also are used to mangers ****ing off for a week then coming back and lying to everyone that there was no argument with players or the board....

warmleyseagull

Apr 17, 2011
Beaminster, Dorset
Brilliant bit of PR by CH, How to put pressure on oppo without appearing to do so:

There is certainly more pressure on the other two clubs because their expectations were different at the beginning of the season. Emphasizes clubs so carefully avoiding appearing to aim at players.

They have both spent more but as for the players, the pressure is the same Course it is Chris - brilliant way of ensuring Dyche and Karanka don't have something to pin on dressing room wall but just subtly lays the thought....

we don’t want to avoid the pressure, we are welcoming it Great message for our own players.

whether we gain promotion automatically or through the play-off system, we have an opportunity Immediately takes pressure off by pointing out route 2.

If we have to go via the play-offs, the plus side is we don’t have to wait very long. There isn’t time to dwell on missing out, we will have to prepare and be ready to go again. Genius. Says something he knows Boro and Burnley cant say because the expectation is there for them that they will get auto and ensures players/fans know that it might not happen for us but, hey, we'll be ready for SW.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here