Chris Hughton - Is he the dullest manager we've ever had?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
We've hounded out a manager before for being boring, and replaced him with a clown in white shoes who was definitely more flamboyant. That didn't end well ..............

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
I know we don't care if we win games, but I don't think I've ever seen him smile let alone speak in anything but a painfully deliberate and mostly cliched manner. How do players get fired up by a manager who quite frankly sends me to sleep?

Oscar and Sami would take some beating in the boring monotone competition, but I think CH might be the gold medalist.

Whilst your posts are always an interesting read ..... not. :wanker:

Really, you do have to wonder sometimes :facepalm:

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
Going through concrete with a 16mm drill bit is boring and a wild pig is certainly a boar. As for our humble, well informed and educated manager, I would make time to listen to what he has to say

el punal

I know we don't care if we win games, but I don't think I've ever seen him smile let alone speak in anything but a painfully deliberate and mostly cliched manner. How do players get fired up by a manager who quite frankly sends me to sleep?

Oscar and Sami would take some beating in the boring monotone competition, but I think CH might be the gold medalist.
Sorry to be abusive, but what frigging difference does it make if he is quietly spoken and thoughtful or in your case sends you to sleep. He's a football club manager for Gawd's sakes not a sodding game show host.

If you're going to judge his ability at least base it on results and team performances rather than his demeanour.

Finally, if you really want to know about "boring" managers try Mike Bailey, who took the Albion to their highest ever league position, or Bob Paisley who was the most successful Liverpool manager of all time.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003

Typical NSC. From winger to whinger in just three hours.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
wanker.jpg

RexCathedra

Aurea Mediocritas
Jan 14, 2005
Vacationland
DiCanio was right there for the taking.
All that was lacking was the vision and foresight to offer him a contract.

But noooooo......

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
And if I could turn back time and change things, I would have kept him (see post #21).

I quite agree - dull as he was we finished in our highest ever league position. It was awful to watch at times but infinitely preferable to what followed.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
How do players get fired up by a manager who quite frankly sends me to sleep?

If you are in Philadelphia maybe you had better stick to Gridiron.

Who says the manager should get the players fired up, I'm pretty sure others do that job for him. Have you met him then or are you just basing this on watching your computer.

Igzilla

Sep 27, 2012
Worthing
It doesn't require one to thump ones chest and get all red in the face with shouting and all that to be a great motivator and manager. More usually, quiet confidence, an informal chat in a relaxed manner and the knack of understanding how people respond is a much more effective approach.

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado

You really should post more often

Or perhaps not:moo:

fat old seagull

Sep 8, 2005
Rural Ringmer

FFS....are you Victor Meldrew?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports