Chris Foy

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
I thought the advantage he brought back in the 2nd half was a strange one.

Foul against Reading, played the advantage, the play continued for about 30 seconds, Reading didn't score. So he then pulled it back for the free-kick.

Surely there's a point beyond where the play gets pulled back?

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
I think Lualua was booked for being mouthy. He had the ball in the corner and was tackled the ref gave Reading the throw and Kaz gave him some grief. A nothing booking really

You can call it a nothing booking, but if he DID bad mouth the referee, then it was fully deserved.

Bish Bosh

Aug 10, 2005
Wish it was in the EU
Chris Foy made refereeing look very easy. It isn't but makes you realise quite what a pig's ear some other refs make of it.

Foy has nothing to prove. He's 51 and has taken the Cup Final. That helps too as it's not a case of "look at me I want promotion." Hooper might fall into that category I fear.

BearwoodSeagull

Feb 2, 2012
Chalkhouse Green, Oxon
Batted the ball away when they took a throw in I think. Played the advantage then booked Kaz when the ball went dead.

Kaz must hold the record for bookings per minutes played - 7 so far this season when he has more often than not been a sub?

Foy was a class act. Easily the best Ref at the Amex this season.

Kaz was booked for whispering something in the Ref's ear as he went by after losing a throw in decision. (It should've been a BHA throw actually, Lino gave the wrong decision....but with his record he should have just ignored it) The Ref stopped and immediately pulled out the card.
Yet another stupid booking for LuaLua......
So frustrating: a fantastically gifted, exciting, game changing footballer, but with a brain the size of a pea. :facepalm::facepalm:

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Foy was a class act. Easily the best Ref at the Amex this season.

Kaz was booked for whispering something in the Ref's ear as he went by after losing a throw in decision. (It should've been a BHA throw actually, Lino gave the wrong decision....but with his record he should have just ignored it) The Ref stopped and immediately pulled out the card.
Yet another stupid booking for LuaLua......
So frustrating: a fantastically gifted, exciting, game changing footballer, but with a brain the size of a pea. :facepalm::facepalm:

petulance by lua lua..which was a shame as it followed a lovely bit of skill that got the crowd going

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports