Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Chris Baird

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
The fact we can do better, or do you think Chris Baird is the best defender in the world!?

That's not a fact. Due to budget/requirements/etc maybe WE can't do better

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
So if we were linked to, lets say, Brede Hangeland, you would say "we could do better" as, I think we'll agree, he's not the best defender in the world?

No, you asked which bit of my post was FACT. I told you. It was the bit about we can do better.

And, yes, I am correct in saying it is a FACT that we can do better. Do you understand, or are you still struggling?

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Oh, and resale value is also a consideration. We were after Dick Van Dyke not so long ago. What has changed?

He jumped into a painting, got involved with some penguins. Hasn't been the same since.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
No, you asked which bit of my post was FACT. I told you. It was the bit about we can do better.

And, yes, I am correct in saying it is a FACT that we can do better. Do you understand, or are you still struggling?

You've completely lost it. You said it was a "fact" we could do better. You then clarified the "FACT" aspect was because Chris Baird is not the best defender in the world so, technically, we could do better.

So what you're saying is you added the word "FACT" to confirm for us all that your belief that Chris Baird was not the best defender in the world is true?

Well, I'm glad you clarified that for us.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
You've completely lost it. You said it was a "fact" we could do better. You then clarified the "FACT" aspect was because Chris Baird is not the best defender in the world so, technically, we could do better.

So what you're saying is you added the word "FACT" to confirm for us all that your belief that Chris Baird was not the best defender in the world is true?

Well, I'm glad you clarified that for us.

Eh? I haven't 'lost it'.

Look, I hope we don't sign Chris Baird. We can do better. I hope that's not too arrogant for you.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
We may as well never have a thread on a potential player....unless they are the single best player in that position in the world.

All B.W will do is say "we can do better. Fact".

And technically, he would be correct.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
See El Abd vs Vydra example. Or is that too hard for you to understand too?

I think football is too hard for you to understand. And almost certainly English.

How would you resolve that by having one quicker centre-back? It makes no sense.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
I think football is too hard for you to understand. And almost certainly English.

How would you resolve that by having one quicker centre-back? It makes no sense.

We should sign Usain Bolt. It would never have happened. Gus would have seen the danger and subbed off Adam for Usain and utilised Usains pace as a new strength to the team.

It's really very very simple.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
We play to our strengths, which would change with more pace.
All of our defense is 'of an age', and they play that way.

There's no reason why in 18 months time our back line won't be:-

Chicksen - Dallison - Dunk - Whoever.

It certainly won't be:-

Ward - Greer - Upson - Bruno.

So why bring in someone now, who doesn't fit either set up?

Last edited:

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
We may as well never have a thread on a potential player....unless they are the single best player in that position in the world.

All B.W will do is say "we can do better. Fact".

And technically, he would be correct.

Which is why I UTILISED the extreme example of 'best in world' to hammer home my point. Still struggling?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here