Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Chillies, Toms & Sweet Pepper growing

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
Right then, sorry for the lack of updates but Ive taken tons of Pics overtime, you can (apparently) check them ALL out HERE:

Chilles 2009

heres a taster of my first proper 2009 Harvest all picked today:

Toms - Orange & Purple Sweet Pepper
Jalapeno on his own, Demon Red Chillies....these taken from just 4 plants of which each has 30/40+ on!!

Attachments

• DSC00067a.JPG
    DSC00067a.JPG
    112.7 KB · Views: 122

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
think they will struggle to Fruit, may flower though if it stays warm enough, certainly worth overwintering as no doubt I've mentioned before :D
My Tabasco from last year has one fruit on it now...which is nice!

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
think they will struggle to Fruit, may flower though if it stays warm enough, certainly worth overwintering as no doubt I've mentioned before :D

It's just quite exciting seeing what happens next! Flowers, fruit, mightily growing plants, it's all good.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
Todays crop picked:
Chillies....shitloads of them and loads more to come!!
Sweet Peppers - Purple, Reds, Orange & Green + a couple of tomatoes
orange Scotch Bonnet will leave it to turn red, mega hot!
Bottom pic is Spagna, probably the best looking chilli plant!

Attachments

• Chillies.jpg
    Chillies.jpg
    560.2 KB · Views: 97
  • Peppers.jpg
    Peppers.jpg
    484.6 KB · Views: 97
  • Scotch Bonnet.jpg
    Scotch Bonnet.jpg
    648.9 KB · Views: 99
  • Spagna.jpg
    Spagna.jpg
    711.4 KB · Views: 96

Lovely crop above, due to the wether and having to crop outside I had a poor harvest. The best area being the flat roof which is a real sunspot. But enogh crop to keep me going for a while.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Behold The Mighty Bush! THPP will not be disappointed with that effort. At least one fully erect chilli plant of eighteen inches, with the rest not far behind. Given his time on earth again, THPP would probably not sow half a packet of chilli seeds into one patently under-sized pot, but heigh-ho, they all seem to be flourishing this far. There are tiny wee buds forming all over which promise flowers sometime soon. Which is nice. THPP chilli plant going up almost as fast as Falmer itself. Rest assured that NSC will miss non of this hot chilli action. Tune in 25th October for latest update.

Oh, and the Fiery Foods Festival in the gardens opposite the King & Queen was most splendid last weekend BTW :thumbsup: Anybody else go?

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
yes the festival was alright Tom, did'nt stay too long though as I've seen it all before and its pretty much the same every time now.

Heres a helping from just TWO Pickings this past week, most in the greenhouses are now almost finished but reckon theres a good 25ish to come yet with a couple of toms & sweet peppers still going.

First Pic, all of them in a pile....Marvelous Scenes!

Second Pic, Jamaican Bell chillies, not tasted yet but a cool shape I think you'll agree!

Third Pic, laid my Sisters Guitar on them for no reason (after washing they need to be dried before going in the freezer, her guitar was there so I just thought 'What The Hell!')

-=-

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    781.2 KB · Views: 69
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    563.9 KB · Views: 71
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    591.7 KB · Views: 78

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
My god what a sucessfull harvest you had and they look like they meet EU standards.Would love to eat one.

I brought some Dorset Naga's from Tesco's the other day.They are hotter then Scots Bonnets and better.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
What are those purple looking peppers?

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
Purple ones are actually Green my phone camera does'nt do well in bad light! they are Jalapenos, did'nt come out very big though only stubby little things.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts

We grew some purple ones, the seed packet said they would be sweet and mild, they were sour bitter and horrible.

Had a lot more luck with others though, about 8 differenct varieties, ended up with a real bumper harvest, not bad for a first attempt.

Have pickled some and also dried a load more, gonna be a spicy winter!
:flameboun:flameboun

Marc

Jul 6, 2003

bugger thought you meant the pics above! the Purple ones are just Sweet Peppers, got them in a Mix bag with Reds/Greens/Orange. Same as Superphil they are quite sour and not that night actually!

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Close-up photo of THPP’s gorgeous pouting chilli flowers this month. Leaves starting go yellow and curly. Tune in on 25th November for what will probably be a photo of, er, a stick.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here