Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Children In Pubs wtf

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
I fully expected AmexRuislip to get involved by now.
It was a long time ago, I remember the strippers like yesterday but not the name of the pub.
From the top of the high street walking south on the left side of the road i think I remember a railway bridge it was around there, probably not even a pub now.
The strippers had to put there own money in the juke box before the performance.
Over to you AmexRuislip you live not far from West Drayton is it still the ****hole it was back then.

Hey West Drayton didn't have a monopoly on strippers in pubs ....

Can't remember the name but there was [still is?] a pub down on Lewes Road nr Mithras House opposite the [was?] army barracks. Many a messy night in there .... happy days ....

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic

Can't remember the name but there was [still is?] a pub down on Lewes Road nr Mithras House opposite the [was?] army barracks. Many a messy night in there .... happy days ....

Ive heard theres a couple of bars like that here !

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015
Exactly this. Pubs come in many different forms these days. If your landlord is serving up chicken nuggets and giving out crayons and you don't like kids in your pub - time to find another pub!
Indeed I do.....and in the two decent pubs in my village... 1 refuses to have kids inside... event though he has a good menu..... and the other next door to my house,.. chastises parents who allow kids to run unchecked around the bar areas...it's about behaviour in context with your surroundings.

I wouldn't go into the bar of a Hungry Horse with half my rugby club mates then proceed to play adult silly buggers....I have a brain and some consideration for people around me.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
There are plenty of decent pubs in Brighton where you can have fun without kids...

13239909_10153762686569926_7306552177158730050_n.jpg

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth

My one allowed kids in!
Fun for all the family.
There was/is a pub in High Wycombe run by a Brighton fan that had strippers.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
I fully expected AmexRuislip to get involved by now.
It was a long time ago, I remember the strippers like yesterday but not the name of the pub.
From the top of the high street walking south on the left side of the road i think I remember a railway bridge it was around there, probably not even a pub now.
The strippers had to put there own money in the juke box before the performance.
Over to you AmexRuislip you live not far from West Drayton is it still the ****hole it was back then.

http://www.beerintheevening.com/pubs/s/54/5424/De_Burgh_Arms/West_Drayton

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Well it's wonderful to hear all the NSC children are well behaved when there in pubs, I've never seen a pub and let's use the Railway in Station Road as an example where gangs of toddlers are roaming from table to table occasionally chased by mum, with children sat quietly eating their meal.

I do get the fact that pubs have had to evolve though

Definitely more of a Brighton/Hove/Lewes yuppy thing.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Back in the 80's I lived in West London and one Saturday lunchtime I was in an awful place called West Drayton.
In the high street was a pub so I popped in for a pint.
This pub allowed kids in but the problem was that in the bar was a succession of strippers dancing around and doing very naughty things on the carpet. All the mums and kids were outside in a grotty garden but some still came in to use the toilet to see all the dads at the bar letching at the girls who were inserting paraphemalia into their persons.

Paraphemalia: that's a para-gliding club in Crete.....I've been there.

Last edited:

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
No issue with kids in pubs during the day, assuming that the parents aren't utterly useless of course.

Now, if you'd asked about loud opinionated bellends who believe that being a customer there for more than 5 minutes entitles them to act like nobheads...

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
So.. in the traditional way when you choose to have kids... some sacrifice is required, and then a relative or babysitters fill the gap when you want a day or night out.

Personally I'm quite glad we live in a time where we can choose to start a family and then choose to go and have a Sunday roast in a local pub with that family. That's something I did with my parents. Very traditional for me.

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015
Personally I'm quite glad we live in a time where we can choose to start a family and then choose to go and have a Sunday roast in a local pub with that family. That's something I did with my parents. Very traditional for me.
In a Sunday roast establishment... knock yourself out... but my objections are the unnecessary population by kids of bar areas in bog standard stand up drinking establishments.... it's not a place for children in the same way a childrens play area is not a place for an adult.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here