Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Child on adult ticket

Uwinsc

Aug 14, 2010
Horsham
Has anyone taken a child into the Amex on an adult ticket: is it likely to be a problem? My sister can't go next week and I want to take my god son in her place but if anyone looks it will be quite obvious the ticket is not his.

Goring-by-Seagull

Jan 5, 2012
Fine, it's the other way round that's the problem. I took my son several times last season on my mate's ticket

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Has anyone taken a child into the Amex on an adult ticket: is it likely to be a problem? My sister can't go next week and I want to take my god son in her place but if anyone looks it will be quite obvious the ticket is not his.

I know its best to check, but surely logic tells you that its fine.

Uwinsc

Aug 14, 2010
Horsham
I know its best to check, but surely logic tells you that its fine.

Yes but logic isn't always applied when it should be. I was worried stewards might say 'it's not his ticket so he is not coming in, rules are rules' type thing.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Out of interest how would they tell, i have never once had my smart card checked by a steward, does it light up a different color if you scan an under 18s smartcard?

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
Out of interest how would they tell, i have never once had my smart card checked by a steward, does it light up a different color if you scan an under 18s smartcard?
Yes

Uwinsc

Aug 14, 2010
Horsham

That's what a remember being told at the beginning of last season

Storer 68

Apr 19, 2011
Can I upgrade a child's ticket to an adult ticket ? And what is the procedure ?

Take the original into the ticket office. tell them what you want to do and ask for it to be changed / cancelled and re-issued. Should do it. Certainly did it without a quibble when i wanted to upgrade a pensionner ticket to a full price one

ditchy

a man with a sound track record as a source of qua
Jul 8, 2003
brighton
Can I upgrade a child's ticket to an adult ticket ? And what is the procedure ?

or just call up and pay difference over the phone they will upgrade automatically

Have done this twice and you can do it right upto say an hour or so before the match .

Bridcutt

Aug 10, 2011

I've done it before, I purchased an adult ticket accidentally and they didn't care.. why would they?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here