Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Cheltenham Festival

Mtoto

Sep 28, 2003
More medication problems for Henderson. First the Queen's horse, now McManus's pride and joy. Some bookies are giving refunds and Ladbrokes were NRNB since November, but will still have cost plenty of people a lot of money. Was getting steroids for an allergy apparently. Should have cleared his system a week ago, but even so, giving drugs like that so close to a big race is a very dangerous game.

chops

Egg chaser & hack
Jan 4, 2011
Christchurch, NZ
@Chops In case you weren't aware, the media pass will let you walk the course before racing should the mood take you. Can heartily recommend it if you haven't done it before, particularly on the first morning if the weather is good. The Irish press conference at 11 on the first day is usually worth a visit too, though they may not be too lavish with hospitality this year what with their economy being up the spout 'n' all. Good chance to grab some words from trainers and jox, if that's what you're there for.

Unfortunately due to our deadlines I'm not up there until Gold Cup day but will be walking the course then. Disappointed to be missing out on the Irish conference, from what i've heard it's generally very good.

SirDouglasLoft

Jul 4, 2008
I'm going on a company thing on the paddy's day, nice food in one of the marque's and free booze.

You MAY get served by my girlfriend then :lol:.

My first day tomorrow, can't wait :bounce:

chops

Egg chaser & hack
Jan 4, 2011
Christchurch, NZ
As I'm not in Cheltenham to Wednesday evening and am stuck in the office today and tomorrow I'm planning on opening an online account with a bookie. Can anyone recommend one that is either very good, has a good offer on for new members, or preferably both.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
i arrive in cheltenham at around 8am tomorrow morning, and will be heading straight to the irish oak. venue of legends

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
As I'm not in Cheltenham to Wednesday evening and am stuck in the office today and tomorrow I'm planning on opening an online account with a bookie. Can anyone recommend one that is either very good, has a good offer on for new members, or preferably both.

paddy power are refunding all bets if cue card wins the supreme novices today

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton

Ladbrokes are giving new customers upto £150 in free bets.
Go for a one that offers best price guaranteed (BPG):
William Hill
Paddy Power
Bet365
BetFred
Victor Chandler
Ladbrokes

Don't open an account with Totesport :tosser:

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
dont back any favs,last year and most weeks in fact,have a look at the outsiders,better to have a 16/1 e/w,rather than a odds on,the fields are massive and thats what works for me,but each to there own

sod1

Jan 12, 2008
Brasov , Romania
My e/w selections on day 1 :
Dunraven Storm @ (18/1)
Realt Dubh @ (8/1)
Sunnyhillboy @ (6/1)
Oscar Whisky @ (7/1)
Poker De Sivola @ (9/1)
Swing Bill @ (16/1)
Banjaxed Girl @ (12/1)

these are by no means tips, just purely fun selections

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
spirit son in the supreme novices and american trilogy in the centenary :thumbsup:

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
On

1:30 Zaidpour
2.05 Rock Noir
2.40 Sunnyhill Boy
3.20 Hurricane Fly
4.00 Another Jewel
4.40 Banjaxed Girl

logan89

Jan 4, 2007
Brington
13:30 (GMT) Stan James Supreme Novices' Hurdle
Al Ferof (FR)

14:05 (GMT) Irish Independent Arkle Challenge Trophy Steeple C
Rock Noir (FR)

14:40 (GMT) Stewart Family Spinal Research Handicap Steeple Ch
Sunnyhillboy (IRE)

15:20 (GMT) Stan James Champion Hurdle Challenge Trophy
Hurricane Fly (IRE)

16:00 (GMT) Glenfarclas Handicap Chase
Quolibet (FR)

16:40 (GMT) David Nicholson Mares' Hurdle Race
Quevega (FR)

17:15 (GMT) Centenary Novices' Handicap Chase
Definity (IRE)

Not sure on odds but put these bets on yesterday via William Hill.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here